Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Here it is... THE OFFICIAL SECRET SANTA TOPIC

Fabric Swaps, Round Robins and Block of the Month Discussions.
maryq

Here it is... THE OFFICIAL SECRET SANTA TOPIC

Post by maryq » Fri Jul 31, 2015 3:16 am

Hi Gals..

Welcome to the 9th Annual QIAD Secret Santa Swap!!

This year's theme is....................

oh darn, I can't decide on a theme..... SO we'll go with out. There's some good gift ideas out there... Sewing Kits, Table runners, toppers, mug rugs, pin cushions.. Many wonderful ideas.. I couldn't pick just one! IF when you go update your hints... if you'd like to add that you would love, for example a sewing kit... then your Santa will have a great idea for you!

The Very First rule is TO HAVE FUN. In other words, don't stress over this swap. It's easy! Here's the rules....

2. Sign up Deadline is August 21st

3. Names will be out on/around September 1st
4. You may PM me now if you are interested
5. If you are new to Secret Santa... Add your Hints to the
"Hints for Secret Pal & Secret Santa" Topic
6. Teasers are optional.... If your Santa doesn't send you one, please don't feel bad.. I don't want insist that teasers are part of the swap. If you need help with a teaser, let me know!

I normally don't like to put a dollar limit on this swap. I'll just say... stay within your budget. As you read through every one's hints, you'll notice we are all A-Ok with regifted items, stuff from our stash. You don't need to spend a lot of money! IF I was going to give a LIMIT... I would say keep it under $15-20... NO MORE!! This is the MAX... you don't have to SPEND $20.

As time goes on I will post a list of who has signed up. . If you were in last year, and haven't moved, I have your address!

THE VERY MOST IMPORTANT THING I want to say is... Remember that this is the season of giving!!! And though this may sound crass, if you are joining to GET a gift... don't! This whole swap started in 2007 because I wanted to GIVE gifts to all the wonderful women I've met here, but there was no way I could send a gift to every one!

The other rules are simple... Be gracious in giving, be kind in your thoughts shared, be thankful, be honored. Give with an open heart. Check out your Elf's hints once I have PM'd you your name. Share some of yourself with your Elf in your gift... in your words, your thoughts and prayers.

Once I have all the names sorted and drawn I will PM you. After that I will snail mail you a card with your Elf's name--keep it in a safe place!

Any other questions, feel free to PM me. I check in here at least twice a daily.

Your package MUST MUST MUST MUST be in the mail NO LATER November 25th !!!!!! As with any swap COMMUNICATION IS THE KEY!!!! I beg you to keep in touch with me should a problem arise!!!!

Allowing for 10 days mailing time.. we should all be able to open our gifts around the 7th of December. We can't possibly open all the same day, so if your gift arrives before then... hang on until the 7th and we will begin opening week then. When your gift arrives you may post that you have received.

Merry Christmas

purrfect-lady

Re: Here it is... THE OFFICIAL SECRET SANTA TOPIC

Post by purrfect-lady » Fri Jul 31, 2015 4:00 am

Woo Hoo! Here comes Santa Claus, Here comes Santa Claus . . . .

MEPIECE2

Post by MEPIECE2 » Fri Jul 31, 2015 7:17 am

Alright no sneak peek at what we are doing LOL LOL

billizzy

Post by billizzy » Fri Jul 31, 2015 8:25 am

Got my eyes a watching:)

izzy
🐐izzy

MainelyMe

Post by MainelyMe » Fri Jul 31, 2015 1:22 pm

I'm a watching!

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Fri Jul 31, 2015 1:23 pm

yay!!! see you tomorrow.
Psalm 48:10 Isaiah 41:10

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Fri Jul 31, 2015 1:35 pm

To to to tomorrow, to to to tomorrow! Cha cha cha!
Tina

TeresaK

Post by TeresaK » Fri Jul 31, 2015 4:56 pm

There's NO PLACE like HOME for the HOLIDAY's!!!! Celebrating it with my Cotton Family is PERFECT!!!
BRING IT ON MARY!!!!

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Sat Aug 01, 2015 4:37 am

It's tomorrow!! Yay!! Oh wait, it's today. Shoot! When is tomorrow going to get here??

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Sat Aug 01, 2015 4:43 am

Maryz, I was thinking it was tomorrow too but after reading what you wrote I think you're right, it is today, tomorrow will happen tomorrow.

Tina, will you be doing the cha cha cha till tomorrow ? what we thought was going to be tomorrow is really today.

Pretty tricky Maryq. I'll come back tomorrow.

Ugh, I'm so confused.
Psalm 48:10 Isaiah 41:10

Return to “Swaps, Round Robins, BOM”