Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

JANUARY 2015 Monthly LOTTO Block - Scrappy Strips - Quilt Picture Posted from Flo!

Fabric Swaps, Round Robins and Block of the Month Discussions.
Ittybittygma

Re: JANUARY 2015 Monthly LOTTO Block - Scrappy Strips - Quilt Picture Posted from Flo!

Post by Ittybittygma » Sat Jan 24, 2015 5:33 pm

Poetic Bribe.......by Shirley Mae

I saw this sweet block, to my stash I did go,
I dug through and tossed fabric, all to and fro.

I stitched and I frogged, I tore out my hair,
The rest all turned grey, And I "almost" did swear.

I ask my dear friends, for help so much then.
They cheered me on, and gave advice with a grin.

Teresa even called me to help me get through,
the strips of many colors, the red, green, and blue.

I finally just did it, and ironed the block out.
I was so very excited, Did you all hear me SHOUT???

Thank you each one, who encouraged me so,
To finish a block, only one more to go.

I grabbed some more strips, and stitched up one more,
So two blocks are done, and on way to T's door.

So now, dear friends, I offer this prayer,
Oh please, dear Lord, Let my blocks be square!

God bless the dear picker, who e're that might be.
And please, dear Lord, let one winner be MEEEEE!

ps And a big thank you to everyone who talked me thru this and convinced me I could do it. Thank you Teresa for calling and helping me out too. God bless all of you, my quilting buddies.

Hugs to all, Shirley Mae

WeSignificant

Re: JANUARY 2015 Monthly LOTTO Block - Scrappy Strips - Quilt Picture Posted from Flo!

Post by WeSignificant » Sun Jan 25, 2015 2:13 am

Teresa, that heart fab is pretty old. I have the quilt all finished except the borders. Should finish it this year. It is from when pink and black was popular.
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

JayKay

Post by JayKay » Sun Jan 25, 2015 3:02 pm

Oh Shirley Mae, that is sure one wonderful poetic bribe you posted. Sure hope the picker is kind to you.

Joyce

shelly322002

Post by shelly322002 » Mon Jan 26, 2015 10:19 am

Scrappy you say, I don't mind if I do!
All colours and patterns,
ugly fabrics? There are few!!

Spring time or summer,
This Quilt it will charm
All who will meet it
Giving snuggles and warmth

So, hand of the picker
Again we will plea
Choose the tickets with care,
And don't forget to pick me!!!
Here is my bribe for these wonderful blocks!!! Not long now!!!! Who is getting excited!!??!! Lol...
Love and hugs, Jacquie xxx

TeresaK

Post by TeresaK » Mon Jan 26, 2015 1:16 pm

Shirley Mae - WOW!!! That was wonderful to read. So heartfelt and true to the moments. Well done I bet the Hand of the Picker will say :) :)

Jacquie - WOW as well!!! I love how Shirley Mae told of her journey making them with all the encouragement from many while yours tell of the travels and love and cuddles it will recieve. BOTH ABSOLUTELY TRUE!!!!!

Valerie - How funnny it is that the fabrics or even clothes I really like are the old ones. Glad you were abel to use it.

JayKay - Where are you?? Hope you join us for February :) :)

YES IT IS ALMOST TIME!!!!! WAITING ON Shirley Mae and Mary. Still plenty of time :)

Ittybittygma

Post by Ittybittygma » Mon Jan 26, 2015 4:51 pm

Teresa, I mailed mine on the 20th and it looks like MaryQ did too. Can't believe they are not there yet. Of course a pkg I sent to Vegas for Christmas went to Des Moines, IA first and then to some place in Calif and then back to Las Vegas.

Guess the blocks wanted the scenic route. Hope they get there soon. Our mail has been really bad lately and keep getting wrong mail so think we have a new sub working the area some days.

Thank you for a fun block this month. It was mind boggling but turned out pretty. I did leave some extra on sides of pointy end stripes so winners can finagle it a little in case I didn't measure it right. They are at least 13" sq or more so should sq up ok to 12 1/2". I drew the lines on back but left extra on those 2 ends. It looks funny from the front. LOL

God bless all who participated in this. Our stashes all got a little skinnier. Wish I could do the same (get skinnier). Hugs, Shirley Mae

TeresaK

Post by TeresaK » Tue Jan 27, 2015 6:57 pm

Shirley Mae - Yes They have arrived and the fabrics you chose are wonderful. Such creativity. You stitched up some FABulous blocks. I know they will be right at home with the others :) :) Looks like they enjoyed the scenic route :)

Mary - Im'm sorry to worry you but yes they are here. When they didn't arrive I started going through the tables in the kitchen and living room and yes the package was underneath a package we had brought in from shopping - Ugh!!! My apologize.

So now it is TIME FOR me to gather up the tickets for THE HAND OF THE PICKER TO PICK THE WINNERS - YEA!!!!

TeresaK

Post by TeresaK » Wed Jan 28, 2015 12:28 pm

Here are Shirley Mae's wonderful blocks. Great job for a first timer to the Lotto. ENJOY!!!

shelly322002

Post by shelly322002 » Thu Jan 29, 2015 8:09 pm

Yahooooo!!!!
And 2 very worthy winners they are too!!!

Very pleased for both of you, I can't waiti to see your finished tops, or even just the blocks laid out together!! All of that colour will be wonderful!!!!

Congrats ladies!!!

Xxx Jacquie xxx

FlorenceM

Post by FlorenceM » Fri Jan 30, 2015 5:03 am

Wow! wasn't expecting it. Can't wait to get my hands on them.

Thank you Theresa for organizing this and keeping the fun up.

Flo

Return to “Swaps, Round Robins, BOM”