Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Fall 10 1/2 Blocks That's a wrap! All blocks back to you.

Fabric Swaps, Round Robins and Block of the Month Discussions.
javin22

Re: Fall 10 1/2 Blocks That's a wrap! All blocks back to you.

Post by javin22 » Fri Sep 05, 2014 10:57 am

Denise thank you, thank you thank you!!! :D Yay!!! I am just thrilled that you are in!!! YIPPIE!!! And I LOVE LOVE LOVE you pumpkin. Your backgrounds are all just fabulous too. It is just gorgeous!!! I am just happy beyond words that you will join us. Yay Yay Yay!!!!

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Fri Sep 05, 2014 12:19 pm

yea!!!!! Denise, I am so glad you are joining this swap.. it wouldn't be the same without you..

not sure why but the pictures aren't coming up when I bring up this thread.. I will try again later...

you just made my day Denise...

Psalm 48:10 Isaiah 41:10

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Fri Sep 05, 2014 4:21 pm

Loving the blocks you all are posting! And so nice to have you join us Denise! Soooooooo happy!
Tina

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Sat Sep 06, 2014 2:34 am

the pictures came up today.. Denise, it's a beautiful pumpkin. my backgrounds are different too..

this swap is half full.

Psalm 48:10 Isaiah 41:10

JayKay

Post by JayKay » Sat Sep 06, 2014 2:37 am

Really like all the block ideas you ladies are posting.

Denise, so glad you joined and I love your fabric.

I have picked my fabrics, but cannot settle on a block. Almost want to try an appliqué one, but will have to do one to see. It is not something I have done tons of. But, this is supposed to be a learning experience.

Any hints on appliqué you want to pass on I would be happy to have them.
Joyce

KATHYSQUILTS

Post by KATHYSQUILTS » Sat Sep 06, 2014 3:26 am

Hello....

Denise so happy you're back into your fabrics & joining the swap. Love the pumpkin.

I plan on washing my fabrics today....so I can sew too.

Kathy

javin22

Post by javin22 » Sat Sep 06, 2014 4:18 am

Chriss- yes we are half full!!! Yay! Let's recruit some more to make this a full one. If any of you want to do two sets, that is fine too. I think I may do a second set if we don't fill up fast. I have 9 blocks done so far of the trees. My DD has been begging me to do a second set for her. I will wait one more week to see if we fill up first though, to give others a chance.

Joyce- There are different ways to applique. If you do Elanor's method, there is a tutorial that shows how to do it. I remember her doing cardinals in the tutorial. You can watch it here: http://vimeo.com/27225218. Or you can do the kind with the iron on heat and bond type of stuff and you iron it on and then satin stitch the edges. It take practice and a good machine to do it well. The machine I am using right now won't do a very good satin stitch it clumps, skips stitches & has crumby looking stitches. Blah! Can't wait for my machine to be fixed! You can also do the blanket stitch around the edges with your machine, or by hand. The best way to learn is to make practice pieces and you will get the hang of it. One thing I do that helps the fabric to move and evenly, is I use tissue paper on the back side under all the layers of fabric when sewing the satin stitch. After you are done with all the satin stitching, you just pull off all the remaining paper. Anyway try some practice blocks with scraps, and post a pic. We can give you pointers if we see problems.

shelly322002

Post by shelly322002 » Sat Sep 06, 2014 7:48 am

I am 'seeeeew" happy to see Denise here with us!!!

Denise, your pumpkin is WONDERFUL!!!
In my humble opinion, I think the hand appliqué will be great therapy for you.
I spent a few months hand stitching a 'Victorian crazy quilt', when i was going through depression a number of years ago. It really really helped me. I look back at it now and think "gosh, did I sew that'!?!
It's really great to see you posting and sewing. Huge hugs to you my dear.

I'm all washed & cut out now, and starting to sew HST together...
Exiting times!!!
I LOVE Autumn!!!

Happy sewing ladies!!
xxx Jacquie xxx

billizzy

Post by billizzy » Sat Sep 06, 2014 8:40 am

Joyce I do the El way and fusible. I use a blanket stitch and that works too. I find that the fusible you get from ell is wonderful:))
but you can find similar at joanns:)

Izzy

Vinae I sent you a message:)
🐐izzy

javin22

Post by javin22 » Sat Sep 06, 2014 12:02 pm

I am sew excited that some of you are washing today and cutting. I can't wait to see a sample.
I just finished my blocks :D.. My aching back!! I did them in about 3 days. I even made a couple extra that I will use in a table runner or something.
[/img]

Return to “Swaps, Round Robins, BOM”