Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Fall 10 1/2 Blocks That's a wrap! All blocks back to you.

Fabric Swaps, Round Robins and Block of the Month Discussions.
javin22

Fall 10 1/2 Blocks That's a wrap! All blocks back to you.

Post by javin22 » Mon Sep 01, 2014 6:05 am

Feeling fall in the air? My favorite time of the year. Let’s have some fun with the gorgeous colors, that fall brings and make a throw size quilt. Please read all instructions before signing up and please ask me any questions you may have.
This swap will be all fall colors ( reds, oranges, yellows, golds, browns, greens ect.) Fall Batiks would be great for this. You can use different fabrics, use up scraps if you like, but please make the same pattern for all 20 blocks. Note: I will allow glitter, metallics, fair frost ect for this one.
Limit 20 blocks
100% good quality cotton or batiks
Wash all fabrics
Can be pieced, applique, embroidered, or a combination. No raw edges, must be sewn down properly.
10 ½ inch block. Make sure every single block measures at least that. It is better to have them a bit big, than too small, and have angry swappers. If you applique, cut your blocks at least 11 inches, as sometimes the satin stitch will draw the fabric in and then it won’t measure correctly.
If you have a background in your block, you can use fall color background or keep it tan, cream, gold, ect. No white. No muslin.
Would like lots of different blocks, (leaves, acorns, pumpkins, ect, any fall theme applique, or pieced block with fall colors. No Halloween colors or themes.
This would even make a great Secret Santa gift if you wanted to do that.
Please just send the $6.00 for return shipping. I have the padded envelopes to send them back to you, which will include tracking. International swappers- whatever you sent last time was just right.
THE FINE PRINT

To join you must be an active posting member of this forum for at least three months and be familiar with the way Chriss and I run our swaps.I will not hunt you down on facebook ect. You must stay in contact with me on here or my email. If you want my email, pm me.

If you sign up and fail to follow through on this swap you won’t be able to sign up for the next swap Chriss or I host. If after sitting out a swap you fail to follow through again you won’t be able to sign up for any swap either of us host…. If you take a spot in this swap it is a commitment and must be met.

Be sure to use priority mail and keep your postal receipt. It will have your tracking number on it. In the event your blocks don’t show up and you don’t have this number you won’t be able to sign up for our next swap. If you do have this number we will be able to track your package it will be located and included.

Be sure to check in often to see how things are moving along…

Chriss and I run a pretty tight swap and if these requirements seem too rigid please don’t sign up.

Again if you have ANY Questions, PLEASE ASK. I try to get on here several times a day most days to answer. You can sign up first and then decide which blocks you want to do. Thanks so much for joining in the fun. Send me a pm or just post on here if you want to join.
Now get out your beautiful fall fabrics and let’s have some fun. Vinae
✔ means you have received your set of blocks

✔Vinae-javin22- Tree
✔MaryZ-purrfectlady Country roads
✔Denise- DouceFleur1- Pumpkin
✔Kathy-Kathysquilts
✔Vinae-javin22 Maple Leaf
✔Chriss-Marilynsgrammy- Acorns with Oak leaves
✔Tina-gershwin64- Weeping willow
✔Tina-gershwin64- Twist and Shout
✔Lyn- WeeOne- Pinwheel
✔Sonya- Prairiewillow- Dresden sunflower
✔Joyce-JayKay-Applique Leaf
✔Jacquie-shelly322002-Basket
✔Jacquie-shelly322002-Leaf
✔Izzy-Blizzy-goat
✔Izzy- Blizzy-Grandmas-Star
✔Traci- Towens71
✔Yvette-Sewingbee44- Pumpkins with leaves
✔Sharon-Sharonkl
✔Joanne- Morgans4-Squirl
✔Marcia-Nurse- 9 patch

gershwin64

Re: Fall 10 1/2 Blocks That's a wrap! All blocks back to you.

Post by gershwin64 » Mon Sep 01, 2014 6:18 am

Me me me! I'll do weeping willow :-)
Tina

javin22

Post by javin22 » Mon Sep 01, 2014 6:31 am

Yay Tina I got cha.

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Mon Sep 01, 2014 6:53 am

When is the due date?

javin22

Post by javin22 » Mon Sep 01, 2014 7:00 am

Tina, I had it in the title, but for some reason it didn't post. I will try again. It is Nov 8th

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Mon Sep 01, 2014 7:17 am

Thank you :-) perfect due date ;-) I'll see if I can get you a picture posted today, my sewing room is moved a little and my machine is on the floor while DH is cutting a whole in my nice big table so I actually will benefit from having a nice big even table now! :-) I bet I'll find a place to sew though ;-) where there's a will there's a way hehe :-)

javin22

Post by javin22 » Mon Sep 01, 2014 10:04 am

You guys are coming up with cute ideas all ready. Wow! I have been so excited to get this swap going. Love Love Love fall!!! :)

shelly322002

Post by shelly322002 » Mon Sep 01, 2014 10:27 am

Hi, YES!!! I'm most certainly in!!
Try and stop me!!!! lol...

I'm looking at a basket type of block with maybe something in it... ??

thinking...

xxx J xxx

javin22

Post by javin22 » Mon Sep 01, 2014 10:38 am

Yay Jacquie!!! I would never try to stop you LOL!!! :) So glad to have you join in. A basket sounds great! I can't even begin to imagine how fun that would be in fall colors.

Oooo you are all so creative. So excited!! :)

KATHYSQUILTS

Post by KATHYSQUILTS » Mon Sep 01, 2014 10:54 am

I'm in, I'm in!!!!!

You can count on me. I'm so happy you have included piecing. I'll need to shop for for Fall fabric & seek out 10 1/2" patterns. Maybe tomorrow.

K

Return to “Swaps, Round Robins, BOM”