Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Please see the new hints thread for the 2016 Secret Santa swap.

Fabric Swaps, Round Robins and Block of the Month Discussions.
Marilynsgrammy

Please see the new hints thread for the 2016 Secret Santa swap.

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Sun Feb 03, 2013 2:44 am

Please see the 2016 Secret Santa hints thread.
Psalm 48:10 Isaiah 41:10

Marilynsgrammy

Re: Please see the new hints thread for the 2016 Secret Santa swap.

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Sun Feb 03, 2013 2:59 am

Psalm 48:10 Isaiah 41:10

QuiltGram8

Post by QuiltGram8 » Sun Feb 03, 2013 4:21 am

updated August 2016 : Go to the new thread for 2016
HUGS, 💕 Vel

maryq

Post by maryq » Sun Feb 03, 2013 4:25 am

Updated 9-19-14

1. My first name: Mary

2. My favorite color(s): Navy Blue, Yellow, purple, red, pink

3. Colors I don't like: orange and some greens, tho I'm coming around to greens

4. My favorite Style(s) of fabric: 30's, florals. Now I am looking for kid prints to make quilts for the Children's Light house

5. Fabric style(s) I don't like: Geometrics

6. Quilt pattern I would like to have:

7. Do you applique by Hand or Machine? Machine, and I'm just learning.

8. How to you quilt your projects? Hand, machine, LongArm, etc.? Small enough ones go on my Elna.. big ones go to a LA'er

9. My favorite candy: unfortunately, I love 'em all!

10. My hobbies: quilting of course, not much time for anything else.

11. My pets: none

12. Things I like to collect: Other than spiral notebooks.. nothing.. am trying to get ready to down-size

13 ALLERGY ALERTS: none. tho vanilla candles make my nauseous

14. My little wish list:

15. do you like homemade gifts: OH YES

16. do you mind re-gifted items (ex. FQ's made from someones stash, already read books, used patterns, used notions)
Don't mind at all!!

16. my favorite places to use gift cards (ex. quilt shops, food places, etc) Joann of course, QIAD too, Connecting Threads, Missouri Quilt Co. food places; Chipotle, Subway, Taco Bell,

18. Some tidbits of info about me (ex., profession, retired, my special likes, etc.:

I work full time as a Pharmacy Technician in a Long Term Care Pharmacy setting up medications for residents in Asst Living Centers. Live alone. Have 3 grown kids, who are the light of my life and 6 grand babies. My one charity project is making quilts for Childrens Lighthouse of MN--a hospice home for Children. Some are used for fund raising but eventually I'll be making them for the home.

meagsmom

Post by meagsmom » Sun Feb 03, 2013 5:55 am

1. My name: is Maureen and this has been updated 1/06/2014
2. Favorite colors: blues, purples,greens
3. Don't like: neons
4. Favs: small prints, civil war,primitive
5. Don't like: animal,kitcheny, themed prints
6. Quilt pattern: El's newest.........
7. I hand applique
8. I tie my quilts or stitch in the ditch but I am going to learn to hand quilt this year.
9. Candy: M&M's but I am diabetic so I try to not over do it.
10.Hobbies: knitting, sudoko,crosswords,penny rugs,crocheting
11.Pets: 1 dog a 4 year old Rat Terrier with lots of energy,1 cat a rescue in 1998.
12.I collect anything Christmas, especially nutcrackers and snowmen
13. No allergies.
14.Wish list: any quilting notions
15.I love homemade gifts!!!!!!
16.re-gifted items: Iam all for sharing and recycling, especially good ideas.
17.Gift Cards: QIAD, connecting threads, knit picks, joanns, missouriquiltco.
18.I am 64 years old and retired.......I am struggling with Colon cancer right now.I have had surgery and I am having Chemo which will probably be forever until maybe a cure is found. I am doing very well though.I have an awesome support system. I have been married to my husband for 43 years.He is retired from the PO and works summers now at one of our local golf courses. We have three children a son who will be 41 in May and twin girls who will be 34 in Sept.We have a grandson who is 10 and an avid ice hockey player and a granddaughter who will be 9 in Jan. and is very girly,girly our third grandchild a girl was born in Aug. Could things be any better??!!
16: My kitchen table is 2.5 by 5.5.......love runners and mug rugs

updated...1/06/2014

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Sun Feb 03, 2013 7:51 am

did a new on in the 2016 Christmas swap hints

javin22

Post by javin22 » Sun Feb 03, 2013 8:28 am

Updated Aug 2015
1. My first name: Vinae

2. My favorite color(s): Rich earth/colors of nature in tone on tones, Red, Green, Brown, Blue, Tan, gold, ect, and background fabrics: white, off white, tan, beige.

3. Colors I don't like: Neons, Pastels,

4. My favorite Style(s) of fabric: Lodge Look (Deer, Elk, Moose, Cabins, Trees, pine cones, leaves, Landscape,) Tone on tone, Batiks, Marbles, Holiday, & Metallic.

5. Fabric style(s) I don't like: paisley, Asian, Reproductions, western, southwest, solids, floral, homespun.

6. Quilt pattern I would like to have: Lodge look patterns, (any size), (table runner patterns, place mats, wall hangings or bed size quilt).

7. Do you applique by Hand or Machine? Machine.

8. How do you quilt your projects? Hand, machine, LongArm, etc.? Mid arm machine for large quilt and I do the small ones on my regular machine.

9. My favorite candy: Let's skip that for now.

10. My hobbies: Sewing, computer games, TV.

11. My pets: My Fur baby passed away March 24th 2017 :(
12. Things I like to collect: Any lodge look decor items, (Moose, Deer, Pine cone ect).

13. ALLERGY ALERTS: Gluten, Wheat, MSG, Smoke, Perfume, Cologne, fragrance of most any kinds.

14. My little wish list: Something made by you or a thimble from your state or country.

15. do you like homemade gifts: Absolutely

16. do you mind re-gifted items (ex. FQ's made from someones stash, already read books, used patterns, used notions) Sounds great!

17. my favorite places to use gift cards (ex. quilt shops, food places, etc) Thousands of bolts, JoAnns, Connecting Threads, Cabela's, Old Navy, Victoria's Secret, Amazon, Noodles & Company.
18. my favorite method of sewing a block together (paper piece, applique, hexi's) pieced and applique

19. Some tidbits of info about me (ex., profession, retired, my special likes, etc.: I was a factory seamstress for a decade, then had my own business of sewing from home for years, doing weddings, home interiors, quilts, clothing and just about anything anyone wanted. Disabled now, just quilt a little when I feel well. I love the mountains and go to the family cabin in the good weather months. I am married, I have 2 daughters, and 4 grand kids.

carole

Post by carole » Sun Feb 03, 2013 9:13 am

jgirlt2

Post by jgirlt2 » Sun Feb 03, 2013 9:48 am

Updated May 2013
1. My first name: Jodie

2. My favorite color(s): Turquoise (and pink, lately) but I've only recently leaned toward a favorite, and I still love all colors!

3. Colors I don't like: I've only recently begun to favor one color. I love them all!

4. My favorite Style(s) of fabric: I love most styles of fabric!

5. Fabric style(s) I don't like: Novelties, but I love chickens!

6. Quilt pattern I would like to have: Strippy, quilt-as-you-go, multi-shape English paper piecing

7. Do you applique by Hand or Machine? both

8. How to you quilt your projects? Hand, machine, LongArm, etc.? hand and regular machine, but to be honest, mostly in my fantasies.

9. My favorite candy: no candy, please, but I love tea, both loose leaf and tea bags :)

10. My hobbies: reading (mostly non-fiction, but I'm coming around to NOT gruesome mysteries and quilt novels), photography, teaching (it's THAT kind of career!)...and, I cannot deny, shopping
Update: I guess, based on recent behavior, I must add sewing and quilting classes to my favorite hobbies!

11. My pets: Domesticated: 3 dogs, large (over 100 pounds Spinone Italiano), medium (35 pounds Cocker Spaniel) and small (6 pounds Chihuahua) No more cats or bunnies at our home.
Wild: Birds, mostly jays. (The others aren't as friendly with me)
Fantasy: Chickens

12. Things I like to collect: Certain sewing machines (not just any old junkers, of course!), fine old luggage (don't even ask!) unusual umbrellas, beautiful teapots, cups and saucers, chicken fabric, and for that matter,almost ANY fabric,

13. ALLERGY ALERTS: Please don't bother to send food, I have too many restrictions! But tea is always appreciated, loose leaf or tea bags, preferably herbal (NOT chamomile) or black.

14. My little wish list: fabric (fat quarters, strips, or scraps are fine, as a matter of fact, YOUR scraps would be MOST appreciated! I buy bags of scraps at my LQS, and it would be so special to get them from my friends here!) interesting and/or pretty rocks or minerals, thread, bobbins for Necchi Supernova...do you have that problem, too? No matter how many bobbins I buy, I end up with a new color of thread and no empty bobbins! And, courage to start machine quilting!

UPDATE: Chriss sent me a treasure box full of her scraps last swap, so I don't buy them anymore, but it's still special to get bits and pieces from your scrap bags!

Also, I've recently begun to explore machine embroidery, so I would love to receive your scraps of all sorts of stabilizers and ends of spools of specialty threads to experiment and play with. Much of what I'm doing is still just experimentation and practice, so colors don't matter. Different materials and different weights to practice on are what count now. I'm doing both free motion and computerized machine embroidery, so your spool ends will be useful to me! If you especially loved or hated a thread, tell me about it, and why. If you found a trick to make a thread work better, please share that insight, as well.

Crazy as this might sound, I'd like your trash! Those little thread snips and the bits of fabric too small to use can become fabric embellishments, and I've decided to explore that, as well. I'll be doing a lot of fusing so even the tiniest bits will work. So, please empty your studio trash into my package! Nothing is too small for this!

Oh dear, I guess I'd better ask for Civil War era prints, now...it's that Jane, and her cronies! I haven't bought a Dear Jane book, yet, but I did get the Farmer's Wife.

15. do you like homemade gifts: I LOVE homemade gifts! And, if you're one of the apron people, I've just begun to collect a few patterns, and haven't made any yet, but I'm intending to start making and wearing them, this summer.

16. do you mind re-gifted items (ex. FQ's made from someones stash, already read books, used patterns, used notions) I LOVE re-gifted items and I think it's a very good way to share!

16. my favorite places to use gift cards (ex. quilt shops, food places, etc) ANY online fabric or quilt store, JoAnn's, Amazon.com, AMC movie tickets
But, NOT Starbucks, please.

18. Some tidbits of info about me (ex., profession, retired, my special likes, etc.: I am a first grade teacher, and even after 33 years I find myself working long, hard hours to prepare for my students. I enjoy humor and music, and I love nature, both the living and the non-living (and the category straddlers: fossilized plants and animals, and petrified wood). My favorite authors are P.G. Wodehouse, Gerald Durrell, Edward O. Wilson, and Rita Mae Brown. I recently discovered Jennifer Chiaverini, and I love the Elm Creek series. I don't have any of the more recent books, so please feel free to drop in any that you have finished. I LOVE to wear jewelry made from pretty stones and minerals. I rewrite old standards for my dogs, (Happy Tails to You, Urinary Journey, etc.) and I sing a little opera. When I used to visit my sister in Washington, I loved to go out kayaking on a peaceful lake and canals with a friend there. I love ballet, but am too decrepit to dance anymore, and I don't enjoy other exercise. 2013 brought my 40th wedding anniversary. We have 3 adult offspring, one granddaughter, and the impending birth of a grandson...our grandchildren live with us with their dad (our DS) and mom (our DIL). Our DGD is 7 and our soon-to-be is a boy, Caleb, due almost momentarily!

Most importantly, though, please be sure to send me a note telling me all about yourself! It's the personal touches (your used bits and scraps and thread ends) that I love the most, and your story is most certainly my favorite part! Write me a book, toot your horn, I'm a reader and I'll love your autobiography!

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Tue Feb 05, 2013 4:33 am

UPDATED: Sept 4, 2017

1. My first name: Mary. (Well, it's really Virginia, but that's a well kept secret - so mum's the word. )

2. My favorite color(s): I love all colors, but my top favorites are powder blue, turquoise, and emerald green. Purples and lavenders are high on my list, too. Ooh, and yellows!

3. Colors I don't like: none. Every color has it's place in my stash. Even brown!

4. My favorite Style(s) of fabric: I love batiks, 30's, Vintage, Civil War, landscape prints, mountain lodge prints, pine cone/bough prints, , brights, Christmas, other holidays, florals, plaids, polka dots,stripes, WOW's, all tonals, - oh, gosh! I love it all!

5. Fabric style(s) I don't care much for: "mod" like from the 70's, and very large scale prints.

6. Quilt pattern I would like to have: Any holiday, but Christmas is my favorite holiday. And previously used is more than OK with me!! Also, I like patterns for cat things, and even sheltie things, though they are hard to find! Piecing or applique works for me. Also simple paper piecing patterns would be nice to have.

7. Do you applique by Hand or Machine? Both

8. How do you quilt your projects? Hand, machine, LongArm, etc.? Mostly long arm (my DH does most of it!). I use my sewing machine for smaller projects.

9. My favorite candy: SNICKERS!! In an emergency I can make do with any chocolate/nut/caramel candy, but Snickers has always been my 'drug' of choice. But M&M Peanuts work well, too!. . . I do NOT like mint.

10. My hobbies: In my non-quilting hours, I enjoy reading 'cozy' mysteries, creative writing, genealogy, dancing, camping, RV travel, walking, wine-tasting, board games, hand embroidery, and cross-stitching, hexies, and yo-yo's.

11. My pets: Riley, my 18 yo fluffy calico cat, Foxy, my 3-yr old tuxedo kitty, and Scottie, our 4 yr old black/white sheltie.

12. Things I like to collect: Landscape fabrics and 'building' fabrics (as in wood, brick, rock, sky, water, grass, trees, etc. prints). I also like all things cat, particularly black & white cats. I collect Sylvester the Cat items. I have a collection of sheltie things (stuffies, bric-a-brac, patterns, pictures, etc) and since my sheltie is black/white, that's what I look for most. Christmas ornaments! And I enjoy unique, handmade pin cushions and am accruing a small collection, all made by quilty pals, to display in my sewing room. Thimbles from other states always have a place on my display shelf, too!

13. ALLERGY ALERTS: none, but I don't care for fruity scents like peach, strawberry, etc in lotions, etc. I don't burn candles at all since I left one burning in my sewing room all night.

14. My little wish list: A large yo-yo maker. Seam Ripper (I use them a LOT and they get dull.) Any of the smaller rulers - (I want to make a basic quilting kit to keep in our trailer since we travel so much.) Holiday and cat patterns.

15. do you like homemade gifts: Of course! That's what we're all about here!

16. do you mind re-gifted items (ex. FQ's made from someones stash, already read books, used patterns, used notions). I actually prefer used, or as I like to think of them, previously-loved & enjoyed items. Especially books or patterns with notes already scribbled in them. Used items give off a warm, positive energy.

17. my favorite places to use gift cards (ex. quilt shops, food places, etc) ~ Joann's.

18. I like piecing, applique, and paper piecing.

19. Some tidbits of info about me (ex., profession, retired, my special likes, etc.): I'm 66, Catholic, farm-raised, the fifth of six children, married, have 3 married kids, and 2 grown grandsons. I am 5' tall (almost), have short curly red hair, and love animals. I've been quilting for 30+ years. I worked for Weyerhaeuser Co. for several years before becoming an R.N. I worked in an NICU for 20 yrs and am now retired. I also was a semi-professional belly dancer for 10 yrs - a life-time ago. Then my DH and I were on an exhibition Western Dance Team for 10 yrs. Now we just 'social dance'. We love traveling in our fifth-wheel and camping and go to Texas for 6-8 weeks most winters to visit our DD#2. I always take a lot of quilting and handwork projects on the road with me!

Return to “Swaps, Round Robins, BOM”