Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Please see the new hints thread for the 2016 Secret Santa swap.

Fabric Swaps, Round Robins and Block of the Month Discussions.
MEPIECE2

Re: Please see the new hints thread for the 2016 Secret Santa swap.

Post by MEPIECE2 » Mon Aug 25, 2014 12:33 pm

Up dated august 6 2015

1. My first name: Kathy {Katy}

2. My favorite color(s): Purple, green, blue, watermelon peach

3. Colors I don't like: bright yellow

4. My favorite Style(s) of fabric: blenders Fusions especially the 4000 series and 30's

5. Fabric style(s) I don't like: Modern and large print Kaffe

6. Quilt pattern I would like to have: night and day

7. Do you applique by Hand or Machine? hand and machine

8. How to you quilt your projects? Hand, machine, LongArm, etc.? Hand or machine Have others quilt for me.

9. My favorite candy: chocolate or cinnamon

10. My hobbies: Quilting, gardening and painting

11. My pets: A dog BOO and a cat Sadie

12. Things I like to collect: Depression glass, El's books, quilt patterns, and fabric, fabric did I say fabric.

13. ALLERGY ALERTS: None

14. My little wish list: A new table topper for xmas , quilt in days new log cabin pattern.

15. do you like homemade gifts: Yes

16. do you mind re-gifted items (ex. FQ's made from someones stash, already read books, used patterns, used notions) No

17. my favorite places to use gift cards (ex. quilt shops, food places, etc) Quilt shops, Joann fabric, Bath and Body.

18. Table topper ideas for secret santa swap.... My table is round I could use a 24 inch circle with gingerbread men. or several mug rugs
one for each holiday

19. Some tidbits of info about me (ex., profession, retired, my special I am retired after 22 years as an accountant. I live on a farm in west central Illinois. I am divorced . Love living on my own.. I love going and participating in quilt shows. I am a grandmother of 6. My basic flaw I take on too much. LOl
My kitchen colors are rose blue and green the old country colors and I still love ginger bread people and mistletoe and holly. also fall colors for pumpkins.

BlueMoon

Post by BlueMoon » Mon Aug 25, 2014 6:05 pm

1. My first name: Judy

2. My favorite color(s): purple, deep red, royal blue

3. Colors I don't like: gold

4. My favorite Style(s) of fabric: florals, polka dots, stripes, cheerful looking fabric

5. Fabric style(s) I don't like: Civil War, batiks

6. Quilt pattern I would like to have: anything that is not too time consuming. likes mugs rugs and table toppers.

7. Do you applique by Hand or Machine? Machine

8. How to you quilt your projects? Hand, machine, LongArm, etc.? Machine

9. My favorite candy: chocolate

10. My hobbies: quilt, sew, read, good movies

11. My pets: None

12. Things I like to collect: depression glass, old cups and saucers

13. ALLERGY ALERTS: cat hair, cigarette smoke

14. My little wish list: to finish up all my UFO'S

15. do you like homemade gifts: yes

16. do you mind re-gifted items (ex. FQ's made from someones stash, already read books, used patterns, used notions) no

17. my favorite places to use gift cards (ex. quilt shops, food places, etc) JoAnns, quilt shops

18. Secret Santa ideas: likes mug rugs and 24" to 32" table toppers in florals or snowmen.

19. Some tidbits of info about me (ex., profession, retired, my special likes, etc.: retired, volunteers at local church to sew quilts for hospice, shelters, etc.

cindyg

Post by cindyg » Tue Aug 26, 2014 3:23 am

1. My first name: Cindy

2. My favorite color(s): purple from the palest lavender to the darkest eggplant color, red, turquoise, pink

3. Colors I don't like: brown, orange, gold but I do make fall things with these colors.

4. My favorite Style(s) of fabric: batik, tone-on-tone,

5. Fabric style(s) I don't like: 30's or Civil War reproductions

6. Quilt pattern I would like to have: None - I've purchased more than I'll ever do in my lifetime.

7. Do you applique by Hand or Machine? Hand applique mostly

8. How to you quilt your projects? Hand, machine, LongArm, etc.? Long arm

9. My favorite candy: Almond Joy

10. My hobbies: Quilting, locker hooking, reading, rv-ing, boating, fishing (fresh water)

11. My pets: Schatzi (Yorkie) and Scooter (Tibetan Spaniel)

12. Things I like to collect: I'm not really a collector of anything

13. ALLERGY ALERTS: pollen, animal fur (mostly cats), mold spores, cedar/fir/pine trees, dust, housework.

14. My little wish list: an HGTV Magazine

15. do you like homemade gifts: sure

16. do you mind re-gifted items (ex. FQ's made from someones stash, already read books, used patterns, used notions) No

17. my favorite places to use gift cards (ex. quilt shops, food places, etc) Hobby Lobby, Bed Bath and Beyond, Lowe's, quilt shops

18. Table topper ideas for secret santa swap.... A topper for any season other than Christmas (ie. fall, 4th of July, Easter, general) so that we can think of that secret santa later in the year.

19. Some tidbits of info about me (ex., profession, retired, my special likes, etc.: I'm a bookkeeper wishing I could retire. I just need more time to make quilts.

My house colors are eggplant/plum purple. The kitchen, too. I use purple grapes in there.

Honeybrown60

Post by Honeybrown60 » Thu Aug 28, 2014 12:59 am

Updated 8/26/15

1. My first name: Chekiter (like the banana)

2. My favorite color(s): Blue, Lavendar, Lilac, Purples

3. Colors I don't like: Orange

4. My favorite Style(s) of fabric: Batiks, 30's repo, CW, Marbles

5. Fabric style(s) I don't like: really busy fabrics with odd colors

6. Quilt pattern I would like to have: Any of El's patterns/books

7. Do you applique by Hand or Machine? Hand

8. How to you quilt your projects? Hand, machine, LongArm, etc.? Hand

9. My favorite candy: Snickers, 3 Musketeers, jelly beans, Black Forest gummy bears

10. My hobbies: quilting, cooking, crafting for the home

11. My pets: NONE - not a pet person

12. Things I like to collect: fabrics, plants

13. ALLERGY ALERTS: NONE

14. My little wish list: all of El Burns rulers and fabrics

15. do you like homemade gifts: yes

16. do you mind re-gifted items (ex. FQ's made from someones stash, already read books, used patterns, used notions) yes

17. my favorite places to use gift cards (ex. quilt shops, food places, etc) target, walmart, bed,bath beyond

18. pot holder colors for secret santa swap.... red, black, white

19. Some tidbits of info about me (ex., profession, retired, my special likes, etc.: Licensed realtor, insurance agent and Stock broker, married 35 yrs Dec 6, 2015; mother of 3 DD, 4 DGC. love working in yard, crafting for my home, love anything to do with making my home nicer, selling and buying houses.

CQofU

Post by CQofU » Thu Sep 04, 2014 4:38 pm

1. My first name: Darla

2. My favorite color(s): deep jewel tones, dark orchid, earth tones

3. Colors I don't like: none

4. My favorite Style(s) of fabric: batiks, florals. tone on tone

5. Fabric style(s) I don't like: modern

6. Quilt pattern I would like to have: classic designs...I am fairly new to quilting so nothing too "busy".

7. Do you applique by Hand or Machine? hand

8. How to you quilt your projects? Hand, machine, LongArm, etc.? hand

9. My favorite candy: I adore anything chocolate with hazelnut or coconut, vanilla fudge

10. My hobbies: "string theory"...sewing, knitting, crocheting, embroidery, spinning, weaving...I love to herb garden, cook and bake, writing, reading, hiking...

11. My pets: Percival (black bombay cat) and Peaches (a "peaches and cream" cat)

12. Things I like to collect: I like vintage craft stuff, mortar and pestles, antique apothacary and storage jars, depression glass

13. ALLERGY ALERTS: none

14. My little wish list: I like to be surprised

15. do you like homemade gifts: I love a homemade gift!

16. do you mind re-gifted items (ex. FQ's made from someones stash, already read books, used patterns, used notions) I am fine with regifted items.

17. my favorite places to use gift cards (ex. quilt shops, food places, etc) craft stores like JoAnnes or quilt stores, food places

18. pot holder colorsfor secret santa swap....I like rustic reds and greens

19. Some tidbits of info about me (ex., profession, retired, my special likes, etc.: I am a Massage Therapist. I am married to my dear husband of 35 years. We have an 11 yr old son. I love helping people, animals and the environemnt. I would love to write a novel and learn to play the dulcimer.

bairdmtn

Post by bairdmtn » Fri Sep 05, 2014 4:19 am

1. My first name: Mary Jo

2. My favorite color(s): Red, black, pink, white, bright aqua blue, orange

3. Colors I don't like: like them all but don't like pastels

4. My favorite Style(s) of fabric: Quilting cottons

5. Fabric style(s) I don't like: metallic

6. Quilt pattern I would like to have: Love them all!

7. Do you applique by Hand or Machine? Machine

8. How to you quilt your projects? Hand, machine, LongArm, etc.? Machine and long arm

9. My favorite candy: Chocolate-M&Ms, Hershey

10. My hobbies: Quilting, sewing, gardening, scrapbooking, paper crafts, home décor, basketry

11. My pets: Dogs, cats, chickens, sheep, goats, donkeys, cows (I live on a farm!

12. Things I like to collect: Baskets, signs, crocks, metal signs, advertising signs

13. ALLERGY ALERTS: None

14. My little wish list: Anything at all is just fine

15. do you like homemade gifts: Yes!

16. do you mind re-gifted items (ex. FQ's made from someones stash, already read books, used patterns, used notions) Don't mind one bit!

17. my favorite places to use gift cards (ex. quilt shops, food places, etc) Quilt shops!

18. pot holder colorsfor secret santa swap....Red!!!!

19. Some tidbits of info about me (ex., profession, retired, my special likes, etc.: I am a 911 Dispatcher who lives on a farm!

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Fri Sep 12, 2014 3:49 am

My updated info is towards the bottom of page 4 - just in case anyone goes looking . . . .

SewSew

Post by SewSew » Fri Sep 12, 2014 4:51 am

1. My first name: Ann

2. My favorite color(s): Red

3. Colors I don't like: like all colors

4. My favorite Style(s) of fabric: Love most styles of fabric, so cant decide.

5. Fabric style(s) I don't like: Novelty

6. Quilt pattern I would like to have: Any pincushion pattern

7. Do you applique by Hand or Machine? Hand Applique

8. How to you quilt your projects? Hand, machine, LongArm, etc.? machine and mid-arm quilt, I have a Handiquilter on a frame

9. My favorite candy: Gummies or chocolate with any kind of nuts

10. My hobbies: garden, reading, knitting, crochet

11. My pets: Cat, belongs to my daughter

12. Things I like to collect: Pincushions

13. ALLERGY ALERTS: perfumes

14. My little wish list: machine embroidery threads, verigated thread of any kind.

15. do you like homemade gifts: Yes

16. do you mind re-gifted items (ex. FQ's made from someones stash, already read books, used patterns, used notions) Love them.

17. my favorite places to use gift cards (ex. quilt shops, food places, etc) JoAnns Hobby Lobby

18. my favorite method of sewing a block together (paper piece, applique, hexi's) piecing

19. Some tidbits of info about me (ex., profession, retired, my special likes, etc.: I "retired" in 2006 when my husband retired from active duty Army after 26 years. I worked in day care for many years and finished off as an Assistant Director of a Head Start Center. I have 3 daughters, ages 38, 35 & 25. My youngest just graduated from college and got her first teaching position for this coming school year, she is a Special Education Teacher. Oldest lives in Florida and has 2 boys, wish I could see her and the boys. Middle daughter lives in Austin, Texas and works for Hewlett Packard, she travels on business and I get to dog sit for her 14 year old Cocker Spaniel.

Crafty1s

Post by Crafty1s » Fri Sep 19, 2014 3:15 pm

1. My first name: Christine

2. My favorite color(s): Red, Black, Batik

3. Colors I don't like: n/a

4. My favorite Style(s) of fabric: Any, Batik

5. Fabric style(s) I don't like: Stripes and polka dots

6. Quilt pattern I would like to have: any

7. Do you applique by Hand or Machine? Haven't tried yet

8. How to you quilt your projects? Hand, machine, LongArm, etc.? Machine

9. My favorite candy: Ferrero Roche

10. My hobbies: Quilting, Scrapbooking, Card Making, Embossing

11. My pets: PeekApoo dog

12. Things I like to collect: Fabric, thimbles

13. ALLERGY ALERTS: n/a

14. My little wish list: accuquilt dies, embossing folders

15. do you like homemade gifts: Yes!

16. do you mind re-gifted items (ex. FQ's made from someones stash, already read books, used patterns, used notions): Not at all

17. my favorite places to use gift cards (ex. quilt shops, food places, etc): Joann, Target

18. pot holder colorsfor secret santa swap.... Blue, Hunter Green, Cream (my kitchen colors :))

19. Some tidbits of info about me (ex., profession, retired, my special likes, etc.:

larynx
Site Admin

Post by larynx » Thu Oct 09, 2014 3:03 pm

deleted...

Return to “Swaps, Round Robins, BOM”