Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

JANUARY 2013 Lotto Block - POPSICLE STICKS - Scrappy Strips - Packages all Rec'd - Picture posted

Fabric Swaps, Round Robins and Block of the Month Discussions.
WeeOne

Re: JANUARY 2013 Lotto Block - POPSICLE STICKS - Scrappy Strips - Packages all Rec'd - Picture posted

Post by WeeOne » Thu Jan 17, 2013 5:20 pm

Hey Velda,
Your blocks turned out GREAT!!

I read or saw on quilt TV show a good hint: buy Moleskin Pads (ya know, for your feet) cut a 1/2" strip off, one package will give you several strips. Line this up for your 1/4" marker. The glue on the back comes up without a problem on your machine. It is "high" enough to hold your fabric line.
Lyn

P.S. Adding the blue really made these "pop"!!

TeresaK

Re: JANUARY 2013 Lotto Block - POPSICLE STICKS - Scrappy Strips - Packages all Rec'd - Picture posted

Post by TeresaK » Thu Jan 17, 2013 7:43 pm

Velda - Your blocks are terrific!!!! I used to be a perfectionist until it got in the way of my senility, creativity and my friendships. I have become alot more flexible. I now strive for my points and for the block to measure the right size. My seams are anywhere from a scant 1/4" to a 1/4". That is why I always make a sample block first to make any changes I need to the seam size. I am lucky to have a machine that can move the needle left and right.
I read all the great tips and encouragement that many gave you and from your picture it looks like you had great success in learning this block. I love your color choices and I can't wait to add them to the family. Thanks for not giving up!!!! Kudos, Kudos, Kudos to you!!!!!

Thank you to everyone who gave Veldo such great tips and encouragement. This is what I love about our quilting family. You are the best!!!!

shelly322002

Post by shelly322002 » Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:40 pm

velda!! well done!!!

3 cheers for velda!! hip hip!!

this is what we love about teresa's lotto's, we are always learning!!

we have a different pattern each month, this gives us a little friendly push to try something new, something we may not have thought of having a go at... and the wonderful things is, we're doing it together with friends. theres also some learning to have faith and patience in ourselves, not to give up!! :)
and we also learn to write poetry too hahahahahah!!!
AND heres the great bit!
we may win a quilts worth of blocks to have fun with at the end of it!!

hey!! that's a lot of learning!!!!!
xxxx jacquie xxxx

TeresaK

Post by TeresaK » Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:54 pm

OK Pals we have another NEWBIE joining us and I know you will welcome her with open arms and a whole lot of tips and HUGS!!!
Her name is Vovoa - Sandy

HAPPY STITCHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

shelly322002

Post by shelly322002 » Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:16 am

gosh!! welcome sandy!!!
i know you're just going to LOVE LOVE LOVE the lotto!!!!

you'll have 'sew' much fun i'm sure!!
playing with new friends, fabrics and patterns!!!
the lotto is the worst kept secret on here lol...
;c)

happy sewing!!!
xxx jacquie xxx

QuiltGram8

Post by QuiltGram8 » Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:20 am

Welcome Vovoa, Sandy.

I luv all these pals. I joined last fall, this is my first Lotto.
Hope you will enjoy this as much as I am.

Looking forward to seeing you join us everyday over on "SEW IN"

Just come and join in. You learn names and who's who, just by getting started and getting in there.

Welcome!!!

Velda
HUGS, 💕 Vel

TeresaK

Post by TeresaK » Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:06 pm

Nice cheerleading Jacquie and Velda! You Pals rock!!!

shelly322002

Post by shelly322002 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:19 am

ok, it's getting 'that time' again!!!
here's my 'pop' at a poetic bribe!!!

let's hope it helps me win this month!!!

popsicles standing all straight in rows,
reminds me of many beautiful rainbows.
bright and luscious the colours i see,
'hand of the picker', please pick me!!!

xxx jacquie xxx

TeresaK

Post by TeresaK » Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:18 pm

Velda - Yea!!! I rec'd your very colorful blocks today. They are delightful. I am sew very glad that you did not give up and that you will be ready for February's block.

The "Hand of the Picker" was thrilled, thrilled, thrilled with your poetic bribe and wants to know why you didn't share it with the others. It is terrific!!!! May I share it or will you post it?

One more week till picking time!!!!!!

LuckyGemini

Post by LuckyGemini » Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:03 am

Hi Teresa and Girls

I completed 4 blocks. Teresa I sent you a message for further details.

Hope to send out on Friday 1/25/13.

Learned a lot, thank you all.

Gail

Return to “Swaps, Round Robins, BOM”