Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

HALLOWEEN SWAP! CLOSED!

Fabric Swaps, Round Robins and Block of the Month Discussions.
maryq

Re: HALLOWEEN SWAP! Sign-ups open until Aug 15th

Post by maryq » Sat Aug 14, 2021 7:35 am

Update:

I have 16 blocks done of each of the two I am making! Oh Oh looks like I need another one! :lol: :lol: :lol: BUT No big deal.... I have all the parts I need to make two more and am so happy to do it!

keremondini

Post by keremondini » Sat Aug 14, 2021 3:58 pm

Just FYI but postage rates are going up the end of month, not sure if that will effect our mailing. Kathy

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Sat Aug 14, 2021 7:13 pm

Kathy, good point! Thank you. I just found out this afternoon that postage is going up at the end of August. Maybe I can Google USPS and find out what The padded flat rate envelopes will cost.

Later: it looks like the new rate increase is not applicable To packages or priority mail but they are reserving the right to make more changes.

Later Still: Just in case postage goes up on the Priority padded 9x12 envelopes, we ordered and pre-paid Forever envelopes from USPS, so for this swap at least, your return postage will be $8.55.

Thanks again to Kathy for mentioning it!

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Sun Aug 15, 2021 6:01 am

Didn't get anything more done as forgot it was my fab 40 class. Got home from that and DH had started painting the extra room to turn into a sewing room. Also set up my new machine and table. Today is another day and I plan to get the pedal to the floor and start sewing.
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Sun Aug 15, 2021 8:17 pm

Valerie, so glad you will have a designated sewing room now. No one deserves it more! And thank you for the progress report!

We have a few more hours for sign ups but if I had to make a guess, I would guess we are at 17. But will check in the morning for stragglers! Today I went out and bought more background fabric so I will be ready to get the last of my blocks underway. I have 12 blocks in each of my two sets finished and five more to do in each set.

Tomorrow Bill has the next step in his implant procedure and I will accompany him. Plus we have downstairs uglies to do but I’m sure I will find some spare time to get busy on my blocks.

How is everyone else doing?

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Sun Aug 15, 2021 8:55 pm

Need to make 3 more and I'm done. I was just waiting to see the final count.
Lori 8-)

maryq

Post by maryq » Mon Aug 16, 2021 7:16 am

All mine are done! 17 Jacks and Frankies will be in the mail soon!

javin22

Post by javin22 » Mon Aug 16, 2021 9:03 am

Now that we have the final count I will make 3 more and then I will be done.

keremondini

Post by keremondini » Mon Aug 16, 2021 9:21 am

Got 12 iron down, so I need to get busy, now that we have a final count, I am not doing to bad for my first swap. Kathy

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Mon Aug 16, 2021 11:54 am

So it looks like our final count is 17. So, ladies, start your machines!

Kathy congratulations on such good progress for your first swap. I hope you are having fun

Mary Q, I will be looking for your blocks soon! Guess I better find a safe place to start collecting them all. You have seen my sewing room! Lol

Vinae, You, too, are going great guns! I will be looking for your blocks soon, too.

If you haven’t let me know yet exactly what block you were doing, now would be the time. So far all the blocks we’ve seen look like great fun and will make an excellent Halloween quilt!

Return to “Swaps, Round Robins, BOM”