Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

March Lotto - and the winners are.......

Fabric Swaps, Round Robins and Block of the Month Discussions.
WeSignificant

Re: March Lotto

Post by WeSignificant » Thu Feb 17, 2022 5:36 pm

Party at Tina's! I am sure you all will do fine. One step at a time, slow mode, label those fabrics.
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Thu Feb 17, 2022 6:25 pm

Another hint. When you lay out your block and before you sew the thing together take a picture of it with your phone.

It helped me to iron each section as I sewed it. To make sure I had my pieces turned the right way I referred to the picture I took often.

I completely agree with Tina and Valerie. Take your time and pay attention. Moving your needle over an extra clunk or two will also help.

I feel my skill level is confident beginner. I don't sew as much as I would like to and need more practice. This block was one where I had to concentrate. Now that I have done it I will make another one. I do like this block.

Chriss
Psalm 48:10 Isaiah 41:10

TeresaK

Post by TeresaK » Thu Feb 17, 2022 9:14 pm

I might have missed this but I will ask anyway.
Ate your darks and lights opposite each other??

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Fri Feb 18, 2022 3:20 am

Yes if you want, ideally

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Sat Feb 19, 2022 8:22 am

Sending 4 Blocks Your Way, Valerie! All you girls who tested this block are right. You gave excellent tips for success! Follow the directions carefully and it is not difficult. Lay the pieces out before sewing them. Iron all seams as you go. Move your needle over a click.

And I would add Teresa‘s comment – the darker colors should oppose each other, and the lighter colors as well. This will help to maintain the pattern when the blocks are all put together in a quilt.

This was a very fun block! Thanks once again, Valerie! You are awesome!

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Sat Feb 19, 2022 8:31 am

Well look at those! Excellent job Mary! Love those fabrics, esp the bright green.

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Sat Feb 19, 2022 11:32 am

Val, The blocks are in the mail. Start looking for them on Wednesday. ☘️

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Sat Feb 19, 2022 2:51 pm

Mary that bright green looks like the wreaths they wore on their heads on olden times, love it! Great job! Good tip about the darks being on opposite sides from each other and the lights also being on opposite sides from each other. Love the way they look all together!
Tina

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Sat Feb 19, 2022 4:31 pm

Oh I will be watching Mary. Excited to get these blocks.

rosebud3

Post by rosebud3 » Sun Feb 20, 2022 11:59 am

:P Geeze the temptation got the best of me. I wasn't going to join in any swaps/lottos until I have Tina and Alexis' quilts finished. But this is a good way to practice using my new Bernina. My brain isn't computing/saving the information changes from mechanical machine to computerized machine functions. I need to spend some quality time working with it so I can remember what I need to do to program the settings for the different functions. Since this is a lotto block, are we making as many as we feel comfortable with, or enough for total participants?

Mary/Rosebud

Return to “Swaps, Round Robins, BOM”