Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

On Wander Lane (OWL)

Fabric Swaps, Round Robins and Block of the Month Discussions.
grammiequilts

Re: On Wander Lane (OWL)

Post by grammiequilts » Tue Jun 06, 2023 6:05 pm

Thank you Lois I just watched a video on how to make colonial knots.....I guess i should read the whole pattern.....xxxooo

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Fri Jun 09, 2023 1:07 pm

Hello! I am back from camping! We tasted a few really nice wines and maybe we bought a few, too. 😜 It's nice to be out of the 94* weather and home to 55* and drizzle. Ahhh...... The trailer is parked, unloaded, and filthy. Guess what I'll be doing tomorrow. But I have a couple of hours to relax this afternoon and maybe I'll just slip into my sewing room and play with the July block. I already have it traced and the background made. I guess I'll pull fabrics and do some fusing. So in reading everyone's posts it looks like I'm going to have to learn a new embroidery knot soon?? I know french knots and bullion knots but never heard of a colonial knot. Guess I'll see what new trick this old dog can learn!

mz

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Sat Jun 10, 2023 2:11 pm

i have been working on the Honeybee Hollow - OWl - and the thought crossed my brain -

Now I know y'all are smarter than me, but I thought I'd share my thought - I am working from fat quarters and they all have a selvedge edge - most of them have the name of the manufacturer, the line of fabric and the pattern number printed on that side - so my thought is - don't cut your pieces from that side first, save it, that way you will have the information, if you need to find more fabric.

So my Honeybee Hollow is all fused in place and ready to be stitched down. My brain needed, and so did my eyes, a short break. I am now going to cut out the three little blocks and get them sewn together.

There was something else, but it slipped away -

Jana

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Sat Jun 10, 2023 6:19 pm

Glad to report that Honeybee Hollow is in the bag - done! Including the three small blocks too! On to tracing - hummmm..... Maybe I can do July along with y'all. Hopefully caught up soon. This one was done in 1 day, so maybe there's hope.

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Sun Jun 11, 2023 5:32 am

JANA, great pro tip! Thanks! I, too, am working on July. I have the first layer fused down and stitched. Today I'll add the second layer (dog, wagon, fence & stars).

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Sun Jun 11, 2023 7:32 am

Jana I never thought of that,,,so I went and looked at all my Fat quarters and there isnt a salvage edge on any of them...But from now on I will write whatever info on a sticky note with each fat quarter i buy....thank you...smart lady :)
:D

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Fri Jun 16, 2023 6:08 am

Yesterday I got my September (Schoolhouse Haven) block all fused. The bell on top of the school is meant to be a button, but I did it in fabric instead. And I made my squirrel brown instead of black. I plan to start stitching it all down today.

mz

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Sat Jun 17, 2023 5:11 am

10 of the blocks and their littles are in the can...I started January,,,some of the pieces are not in the pattern and need to be found in the lay out sheet. There is no pattern for the door or the snowman nose ( meant to be a button)..so they need to be traced and fused too....I think I like the fabric pieces better than the button ones...xxxooo

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Sat Jun 17, 2023 6:27 am

JUDI - I used fabric for my snowman's nose. It worked great! I traced the door, I think, from the placement diagram, too.

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Mon Jun 19, 2023 4:30 am

I see QIAD's daily e-mail shows On Wander Lane II fabric on sale today (6-19-23). $9.95/yd. Also, precuts of coordinating fabrics. Just in case anyone wants/needs any.

Return to “Swaps, Round Robins, BOM”