Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

On Wander Lane (OWL)

Fabric Swaps, Round Robins and Block of the Month Discussions.
gershwin64

Re: On Wander Lane (OWL)

Post by gershwin64 » Fri Jun 02, 2023 11:50 am

Yay I found some little black buttons in my tin for the doorknob.
Lori thanks I found bees at Walmart.... and a bat and other cool Halloween and fall buttons and the little birds at Walmart too! $7 is way better that the $68 they wanted for the set that goes with this.
Tina

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Fri Jun 02, 2023 9:19 pm

Tina, I'm going to make a trip to Hobby Lobby next and see what they have. $7 is a great deal for all those buttons.
Lori 8-)

mepeace2

Post by mepeace2 » Sat Jun 03, 2023 7:10 am

One done LOL Aprils block is done. Now to make the three 6.5 inch blocks.
Its funny because I recieved the focus fabric i my fat quarter bundles. I ordered them from FAT QUARTER SHOP. But did not realize they were included so ordered a yd of each .
O well I will have fabric to make other items in the pattern books.
Katy

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Sat Jun 03, 2023 8:30 am

Katy, I didn't realize there were different focus fabrics until someone posted on here . I bought 3 yards of spring summer.
Lori 8-)

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Sat Jun 03, 2023 10:50 am

Lori, me either LOL guess we're 2 peas in the same pod 😊

I sewed my Wally- World buttons on, I think it turned out cute and that makes me look forward to making more 🥰

Tina

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Sat Jun 03, 2023 12:36 pm

Uggh - double uggh! I can't find anywhere my open toe applique foot for my machine! I am extremely good about taking it off and putting it in it's little box in the top drawer of my sewing machine cabinet, but there are more little fingers that get into things in my sewing area, when I'm not down here and it's now missing! Which means that I have to wait until a new foot arrives - it's ordered - before I can do any stitching on my OWL blocks! Triple uggh! No proof as to which one of all my littles took off with that foot, so I can only growl at Michael! LOL!

So I am reading, loading mistake sewing omissions and tracing today.

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Sat Jun 03, 2023 4:28 pm

Jana, as soon as the new one arrives, it will show up.
I lose feet to my machine, and I'm the only one in the room. It's frustrating when you are ready to do something and can't because the tool is missing.
Lori 8-)

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Sun Jun 04, 2023 7:28 am

Jana check the toy box!

I am going to start this real soon. I have the applique sheet just need to watch the video to see exactly how to use it.

And I can't find my buttons so I will be on a hunt for those. I thought they were in the box with the rest of the stuff! Jana can you check the toy box for those too?
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Sun Jun 04, 2023 7:36 am

Checking!

I ordered two new applique feet - one totally clear, the other normal. One will be here today, the other tomorrow.

Pulled all the fabrics for Honeybee Hollow yesterday. I have all traced,, ready to go. Buttons too, but they will wait until it's all done and quilted, my LA doesn't play well with buttons already attached. Remember that if you send your quilt out to a LA'er.

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Sun Jun 04, 2023 12:56 pm

JANA - glad you got those feet ordered. It will be good to have spares when the others turn up! :lol:

I had a couple hours yesterday and didn't want to get involved in actually fusing and sewing so I sat and traced July, Aug, and Sept while I listend to my audio book. This morning I was working building the block backgrounds. Waking up at 3:30 am the last few days has given me a little extra play time. Not sure I want it, but I get it nonetheless.

I have to say, my grassy knolls aren't exactly lining up with the adjacent ones. I'm trying, but it took me three months to even think of trying to make them line up! Goofy me. So, please don't notice that when I put my quilt together. So - as many mistakes as I'm making, I'm having a ball with this project! And I wasn't even going to do it, but Lois and then Judi caused me to rethink. They are "influencers". :lol: So thank you Lois and Judi for influencing me.

Return to “Swaps, Round Robins, BOM”