Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

On Wander Lane (OWL)

Fabric Swaps, Round Robins and Block of the Month Discussions.
auntjana

Re: On Wander Lane (OWL)

Post by auntjana » Wed May 24, 2023 9:20 am

Thanks for your help. I broke down and ordered each of the fq bundles - one just the wander Lane and the other labeled wander lane 2. They are from different websites- Shabby Fabric and Fat Quarter shop. Hope they are different. if not, my standard answer, oh well..... Next up, a bit later, the rest of the embellishment buttons.
Thanks again

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Wed May 24, 2023 9:47 am

She has the fabric requirements in the information she sent Lois...It iwas for shops to make kits but tells you exactly how much of each fabric is needed for each block...I did end up ordering the layer cake of OWL 1 and had plenty for the first six blocks....I am trying to use stash and scraps for the rest of th blocks/// The focus fabric you will only need a fat eighth at the most...You can use any house fussy cut to make the small blocks.you do not actually need th exact block she used....make it your own..Also she used several lines of her fabrics and not just the Wander lane...

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Wed May 24, 2023 10:14 am

Yes, I got that from Lois -thank you, Lois.

My kids bought me the first six month's buttons,, so I will only need the last.. I'll get to start mine soon!

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Wed May 24, 2023 3:06 pm

Jana, the buttons are really cute, but I thought they were a bit pricey.

I pulled out my tub of scraps and I'm finding the perfect fabrics.
Lori 8-)

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Sun May 28, 2023 5:53 am

It's slow going here with our company, but most days I find about 20-30 minutes to play in my sewing room. I have May mostly stitched down. I should be able to finish it by tomorrow and might even get the 6" blocks done. I'm not adding buttons to any blocks yet. When I do I'll go to my own button stash first, and after that go looking for any specialty buttons I need. Buttons can really interfere with long arm quilting and mess up your machine if you hit one, but I don't like the thought of sewing all these buttons on after quilting either. So, in the edited words of Scarlet O'Hara, I'll think about them tomorrow!

mepeace2

Post by mepeace2 » Mon May 29, 2023 6:01 am

Hello ladies
This a brief account of OWL FABRIC. First there are 4 fat quarter bundles . Two for each set of patterns. I have purchased them all and was expensive. One reason no matter how long it takes I will get it done. LOl
First there is the On wander lane and Whisper weave for first half of patterns Then there is On wander lane too and Whisper weave too. Needless to say this is a lot of fabric. The fabric is great. But the price not so much. At least I got the pattern books on sale at Qiad. After I get April competed I will ask someone to post for me. I would like to see all of yours.
I may get the buttons later
Katy

Ps it will probably be next year before I get this one done.

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Mon May 29, 2023 6:23 am

Katy thanks for the info. I am with you, no matter how long it takes, I will get it done.
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Mon May 29, 2023 6:54 am

Katy, thanks.... I'm hoping to just use my stash 🤞 I don't really have any buttons though, just a few from when I sewed when DD was little, hopefully I'll find something though.
Valerie, me too. It'll take awhile but we'll get there.
Tina

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Mon May 29, 2023 10:21 am

Tina, I'm trying to do it like a block of the month.
I'm also using my stash. I have plenty of fabric. They are really fun once you get started.
Lori 8-)

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Wed May 31, 2023 8:20 am

I've been working on my OWL for about 7 weeks. Still loving it and having a lot fun with it! I have Jan through May finished. Hope to post a photo soon. But I've found a couple errors in the pattern for March and May - not biggies and easily dealt with, but confused me at first. And Judi said she found one in October. March - there is no shamrock blossom in the tracing patterns so I traced it from the placment pattern. In May - in the 6" flower pattern, we are instructed to cut fabric for only 3 petals, but you need 4. I'm not sure of the Oct error yet, but Judi suggests checking the OWL website for errors before starting.
I never even thought of doing that.

Return to “Swaps, Round Robins, BOM”