Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Home Sweet Home Swap - CLOSED

Fabric Swaps, Round Robins and Block of the Month Discussions.
KATHYSQUILTS

Re: Home Sweet Home SWAP

Post by KATHYSQUILTS » Sun Mar 26, 2023 5:03 pm

I'm going to do 9 blocks. For some reason I was thinking 12 blocks.

OK, Kathy

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Sun Mar 26, 2023 7:17 pm

Lori, Moose would love to see a doghouse, and so would I.

Kathy, I googled your Christmas house, it's pretty cool.

Maryz, Jerry has some bananas that are extra ripe. He also had the vanilla out and was softening butter but I never saw or smelled the banana bread. He uses bananas with peanut butter and oatmeal to make cookies for Moose.

Valerie, I also made no progress today. Went grocery shopping and that was it for the day. My goal for tomorrow is to play in my room.
Exodus 33:14

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Mon Mar 27, 2023 4:34 am

LORI - I think a dog house is a purrfect block for you! Can't wait to see it!

CHRISS - we make doggie ice cream from ripe bananas, yogurt, honey, and peanut butter. Scottie loves it! I never got my banana bread made yesterday so I better do it first thing this morning. After cleaning the house yesterday in the morning I didn't come up for air in my sewing room until it was time to power down for the day. I don't do much of anything after 4pm.

KATHY - I'm making 9 blocks, too. A little birdie told me that we might get a 9th person to sign up by deadline tomorrow.

I got one block finished yesterday and will get a photo posted. Today, I hope to get the rest fused and at least to the stitching stage. But first - banana bread.

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Mon Mar 27, 2023 6:03 am

Here is my block:

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Mon Mar 27, 2023 6:17 am

That is a very sweet trailer home. And love where it is parked!
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Mon Mar 27, 2023 7:45 am

what a great home Mary, thanks for the tip about the 9th person who may or may not sign up. I will say if a tenth person decides to join I can easily trace one more pattern and get it done.
Exodus 33:14

javin22

Post by javin22 » Mon Mar 27, 2023 12:35 pm

Your trailer is really cute Mary. I will keep watching to see what everyone is making.
I tore the meniscus in my knee last month and I was on crutches and still can't stand for very long, so no sewing for me for a while.

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Mon Mar 27, 2023 2:03 pm

Vinae, so sorry to hear you have an owie! I hope you are getting around better soon - Summer is coming!

Tomorrow is the deadline to sign up so if we have any more thinkers out there you better be thinking about your final answer.

I did some more fusing today. Building trailers is hard work!

MuseAndSew

Post by MuseAndSew » Mon Mar 27, 2023 10:47 pm

Mary, I love your trailer & I love where it’s parked. I’ve been toying with various houses. I’m leaning towards my farmhouse, but I could easily turn it into a Halloween house. Many of the blocks you’ve chosen, I’ve thought about. In a few days I’ll have time to make one.

Sorry Vinae to hear about your knee. Bummer, with less walking, but there’s been so much snow, it will make it easier to stay home.

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Tue Mar 28, 2023 6:23 am

BEV - good to see you post. We'll be excited to see what "home" you choose.

Return to “Swaps, Round Robins, BOM”