Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Home Sweet Home Swap - CLOSED

Fabric Swaps, Round Robins and Block of the Month Discussions.
purrfect-lady

Re: Home Sweet Home SWAP

Post by purrfect-lady » Sat Mar 18, 2023 5:33 am

LYN - I hope you decide to join us! Have fun practicing! Y'all are coming up with some great ideas! A mouse house, tree house, doll house! I love it!

I'm still thinking on mine. I have scraps tossed all over my sewing room that I need to clear away this weekend. Then I can think better. My mind doesn't work super well in the midst of such chaos. lol!

Just a heads up, we're leaving Monday for four nights, camping at the ocean. Internet is a tad sketchy there, but we do leave the campground now and then to go into town or down the coast and I'll check in then.

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Sat Mar 18, 2023 8:42 am

Lyn, if the block you are testing doesn’t work try another one. I hope you can play
Exodus 33:14

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Sun Mar 19, 2023 5:20 am

Yes, Lyn, if at first you don't succeed . . . . I have more ideas I can share!

I was running ideas through my head yesterday. Most of them just ran on through and out the other side. I think, though, I'm settling on doing a retro travel trailer. Our trailer is our home about 4 months a year.

When you decide on your block let me know and I'll add it to the name on the first page of this thread.

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Mon Mar 20, 2023 2:31 pm

A castle would be a cool house, or maybe a cave or a haunted house. And there was an old woman who lived in a shoe.

I’m tracing mine onto fusible today and will pick out my fabric tomorrow

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Mon Mar 20, 2023 4:41 pm

Yes Chriss, I could live in a Castle (well if I had a maid).

I had forgotten all about the woman who lived in a shoe. That's a great idea.
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Tue Mar 21, 2023 7:56 am

Valerie, how could you forget the old woman who lived in a shoe, she had so many children she didn't know what to do. She even went to see Old Mother Hubbard for a handout but the cupboard was bare.

I made a sample block and need to tweak it a bit. Only one week to sign up, come on you lookie loos, sign up and join the fun.

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Tue Mar 21, 2023 8:41 am

Well don't want to live with Old Mother Hubbard if cupboards are bare!

Gee Chriss, why did I forget? Uhm, I guess I really am just old or not paying attention. Or I was trying to put out the fire at Lady Bugs home and on the way back was stopped by the wise old Owl who lived in an Oak who wanted to tell me about the Little Hen who washed up all the dishes and kept the house clean.

So just busy I guess LOL
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

keremondini

Post by keremondini » Tue Mar 21, 2023 2:02 pm

I think I have decided to do an old barn.
KathyRe

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Wed Mar 22, 2023 5:39 am

Chriss, you are so creative! The old shoe never occurred to me. I thought I was doing good to come up with the idea of the fishbowl! Lol!

Valerie, you deserve a castle. Whether you want to build a castle is up to you! But it sounds great to me!

Kathy, your barn is a great idea for a home! I grew up on a farm and some of my favorite playmates lived out in the barn! Reddy, Missy, Skeezicks, …..

I traced five of my retro trailers until I ran out of fusible. I finally Put the whole project away until after I get home on Friday.

For those Who are still thinking about joining us, you have six days left to think. Just don’t forget to let me know. And if anyone is considering a second set, we have plenty of room for that, too.

Happy stitching!

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Wed Mar 22, 2023 7:00 am

Maryz, you had best brush up on those nursery rhymes. I used to tell Marilyn about the little red hen and recently found the book and sent it to her. She remembered the story.

Valerie, I hadn't heard of the wise old owl rhyme, I really like it. I had to google it and the hen who washed the dishes. I was well aware of the ladybug whose house was on fire.

KathyRE, I love old barns.

Return to “Swaps, Round Robins, BOM”