Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

December lotto

Fabric Swaps, Round Robins and Block of the Month Discussions.
Marilynsgrammy

Re: December lotto

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Mon Dec 05, 2022 6:02 am

yay Tina, both for finishing the stocking and for adding blocks to the pile I am planning on winning. They really are quick and would be a great go to for a quilt needed in a hurry.
Exodus 33:14

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Tue Dec 06, 2022 10:19 am

Chriss, I made 22 and they are all ready to mail. I thought I got them in time for the mail person today but she already ran, so they'll be heading out to Valerie tomorrow.
They sure were fast to make! I used 22 different scraps and I had a .... maybe FQ type size of a WOW and then I only had to cut 2 strips from another piece. I had originally been going to make 21 but I had 4 snowball corners left so cut another one LOL I think total it might've taken me 2 hours, I did my cutting yesterday evening and sewed in 2 sessions this morning.
Tina

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Tue Dec 06, 2022 4:05 pm

You are all on a roll here. Maryq's are in the mail and Maryz's will be soon.
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Tue Dec 06, 2022 4:50 pm

And Maryq's just arrived. 10 more girls. Heading for a great month.

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Tue Dec 06, 2022 6:35 pm

Yay Maryq

Tina, they would be a great block to make if you needed a quick quilt top. I have a boatload of 5 inch squares and was thinking of getting a white jelly roll and making myself a quilt. I have always liked this block but never made one. I love the lotto.

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Wed Dec 07, 2022 4:57 am

It is Chriss! I was thinking the same thing yesterday when I was making them ❤ I have a couple charm packs in creams and they are cream on cream and the design is baby things... rattles and such. I was thinking of getting them out and seeing how it would look with those as the center and then the snowball corners as blender colors! I think Elijah would looooove it! 🥰 or I could use the charms as the snowball....I gotta see today how either way will look!
Thanks Valerie for a fast fun block!
Tina

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Wed Dec 07, 2022 5:44 am

So happy you ladies are finding this block useful. I have been thinking of how I could use it also. My DGGS does not have a quilt and was thinking on the lines of an I Spy theme as the center.

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Wed Dec 07, 2022 8:01 am

Valerie, an Ispy quilt would be great for this block. Let me know if you need novelty fabric, I have some I can send.

Tina, WHAT??? He doesn't have a quilt yet. what a travesty.

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Sat Dec 10, 2022 6:40 am

VAL, you should have some blocks from me by now. :D

I used this same snowball block several years ago to make a quilt for my flower-loving sister. I used 6" squares of all sorts of floral prints and for the corners I used greens to represent greenery. It turned out great! my sister really liked it. Now, she has a blooming flower garden on her bed!

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Sat Dec 10, 2022 6:41 am

Sorry Maryz, the last 2 days got away from me, yes, I did receive 10 blocks. They are playing nicely with the others. None are melting!

Return to “Swaps, Round Robins, BOM”