Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Christmas in July Swap closed, all blocks received.

Fabric Swaps, Round Robins and Block of the Month Discussions.
gershwin64

Christmas in July Swap closed, all blocks received.

Post by gershwin64 » Sun Jul 03, 2022 8:35 am

Hi all my Love of Christmas peeps! This year the theme of Christmas in July will be Vintage Toys!

PLEASE READ THROUGH

20 spots available: The number of blocks you make is determined by how many sign up. Once you signup it's a commitment. If there are spots available the last 2 days of signups then you are more than welcome to pick a different pattern to make for a 2nd set for you to make.

2 weeks to sign up. Now through Thursday, July 19th.

10 weeks from today to make your blocks and send them to me. Now through Thursday, September 13th.

I will mail the blocks back to you Saturday, September 24th or sooner.

Mail blocks to me using Flat Rate Priority Mail and save your receipt, it will have your tracking number on it. Blocks must be in my possession by Tuesday, September 20th so I can sort and mail them back to you by Saturday, September 24th.

If I don’t have tracking from you by September 13th I will not wait for your blocks to arrive.

Please include $9.65 for return Postage (hopefully it won't go up again), no stamps, no checks, international will be worked out individually. I have Flat Rate Priority Mail envelopes to send your blocks back to you so please don't send return envelopes.

Please attach a label to each block with your forum name, real name, city and state. No individual baggies. Put your blocks in a large zip lock bag with your address on it before putting in your envelope before sending it to me please.

THE FUN PART.

This swap is a Vintage Toys Theme! Background should be WOW, tans or cream tonals or tan on tan or creams on creams. Blocks should be a generous 12-1/2". (If they measure 12-1/4", please fix them before mailing.) and make sure they are "Christmas", by this I mean if you're making a Dolly please have her wear at least 1 Christmas fabric like on her pinafore or a Christmas fabric hair ribbon for her hair......if you're doing a train then at least 1 of the fabrics needs to be a Christmas fabric......etc. Make 20 blocks or the amount signed up for swap, each 12 ½ unfinished. Please don’t square up your blocks. Check the size before mailing them to me.
Use pre washed 100% cotton. No muslin, Very small amount of Glitter is ok.

Posting a sample block will be much appreciated. I googled vintage Christmas toys quilt patterns, vintage Christmas toys coloring pages and vintage Christmas quilt blocks and a bunch of blocks and ideas popped up! So if you're wondering what to make try it! There's paper piecing patterns, applique patterns and regular piecing patterns out there, also Pinterest has tons of ideas! Let me know what you decide and I can put it by your name. I'm hoping for no duplicate choices this year unless they are totally different, you'd have to send me a pic to my cell or my email for me to decide on that if you do want to pick something someone else has already picked, but I really think there's enough ideas out there that this shouldn't happen.

Method of sewing is pieced, appliqued, paper pieced etc. NO (FULL/ONLY) MACHINE EMBROIDERED BLOCKS please, if you want to do a machine embroidery block that is like Kimberbell where it has fabric and the machine stitches it all down please send me a pic first to my cell or email so I can see if it'll work for this swap.

ALL of your blocks need to be the same pattern.
Any applique must be sewn down and if you use tear away or wash away or paper stabilizer it needs to be removed prior to sending in your blocks.

Buttons, rick rack, bling etc is ok, please sew them down/on, I prefer to take something off if I need to quilt around it than to have 20 envelopes attached for people to complete blocks when they get them. I quilt with the blocks facing me and I work around buttons or bling or if they're going to be a problem then I can take them off and sew them back on.

Make sure your blocks are ready for the person receiving them to square up and sew together. Please measure measure measure so you know each block is at least 12½" square, hopefully a little extra so there's enough room for receivers to square up.

If you send incomplete blocks or your blocks are not the required size and of the required fabric they will be returned to you using your postage. Be sure to re-check the size before mailing. I stress this; check each and every block size BEFORE mailing them to me.
I hate to have to put this but if you send blocks and they are sewn onto the wrong side of your background fabric or some major oops like that I will return them to you. Please do not blame me and call me out on Facebook or here saying I'm unfair or a bad person for not letting you show creativity, I'm the swap host and I try to look out for all my swappers and make sure everyone gets good quality workmanship that they can actually use to make themselves something or use for a gift that they don't feel they should have to throw away. I know this sounds harsh and I don't like having to post it in the swap but it did happen and it's very upsetting for me.

THE FINE PRINT.

Signing up is an obligation/contract and you are expected to follow through and it needs to be taken seriously. If you are a person who can't send on time or if you think the rules are too strict please don't sign up for this swap.

Communication and follow through are key. If you have any questions please send me a pm and ask prior to taking a spot in this swap. If you have any problems or concerns, PM me and we can take care of it in private so it doesn’t cause problems on the forum. If you join you must comment in the swap thread once a week...... I use only this forum, cell and e-mail for communication. If you need my cell number or e-mail address please PM me.
Tina

LETS HAVE SOME CHRISTMAS FUN!!!!!!!!!

1. Tina....................................Gershin64......................................Spinning top
2. Maryz...................................Purrfect-lady...................................Stick horse
3. Maryq..................................maryq............................................Dolly
4.Valerie..................................WeSignificant...................................Ice Skate
5. KathyR.................................keremondini....................................Rocking Horse
6. Beverly..............................MuseAndSew................................... Sailboat
7. Lori................................zfatcat.....................
.......................Red wagon
8. Lyn.................................WeeOne................................................Stacking Rings Toy
9. Izzy.............................billizzy......................................................Train
10. Teresa..... .............teresak........................................................................... ball
11.Valerie..................................WeSignificant...................................truck

We are making 11 blocks each.

RECEIVED
1. Maryz 💲✅ 9405503699300348892861📬
2. KathyR ✅ Local delivery📬
3. Teresa 💲✅ 9405503699300348892915📬
4. Tina ✅ I have mine📬
5. Beverly 💲✅ 9405503699300348892908📬
6. Izzy 💲✅ 9405503699300348892892📬
7. Lori 💲✅ 9405503699300348892939📬
8. Valerie 💲✅ 9405503699300348892885📬
9. Valerie 💲✅ same#📬
10. Maryq 💲✅ 9405503699300348892854📬
11. Lyn 💲✅ 9405503699300348892953📬

scheduled for pick up Mon 9/19/22 expected delivery days are 9/22 and 9/23
Last edited by gershwin64 on Wed Sep 28, 2022 2:33 pm, edited 31 times in total.

zfatcat

Re: Christmas in July Swap coming soon

Post by zfatcat » Sun Jul 03, 2022 10:05 am

Looking forward to it Tina.
Lori 8-)

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Sun Jul 03, 2022 12:00 pm

Waiting impatiently! 🎅🎄

MuseAndSew

Post by MuseAndSew » Sun Jul 03, 2022 2:56 pm

I’m excited for your Christmas swap! I’ve been wondering what twist your going to do with background fabric etc! 🤶

keremondini

Post by keremondini » Mon Jul 04, 2022 12:15 pm

I missed out on last year, so excited about this one. KathyR

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Mon Jul 04, 2022 3:22 pm

Do you hear that? It’s the sound of my fingers drumming on the table and my impatient toe tapping the floor

When Marilyn was little she stood next to me and drummed her fingers on the counter. I didn’t give her my immediate attention and she said. Grandma , I’m going like this. So Tina, I’m going like this
John 16:33

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Mon Jul 04, 2022 4:21 pm

I'm with you Chriss. This is about the 10th time I have checked today.

Tina must be cooking up a dream swap!
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

maryq

Post by maryq » Tue Jul 05, 2022 8:05 am

YEAH!!!

The Post I have been waiting for!!! Can't wait to hear the details!!

gershwin64

Re: Christmas in July Swap now open for signing up

Post by gershwin64 » Tue Jul 05, 2022 10:19 am

LOL You all are awesome!
Let me know as soon as you can if you're in and what block you'd like to make.
Thanks so much!
Tina

maryq

Re: Christmas in July Swap now open for signing up

Post by maryq » Tue Jul 05, 2022 10:30 am

I’m in!!!

I’m going to do a dolly

Return to “Swaps, Round Robins, BOM”