Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

OCTOBER Lotto - 10in Log Cabin - 6.5in sq in corner - The WINNERs ARE

Fabric Swaps, Round Robins and Block of the Month Discussions.
MaryGoRound

Re: OCTOBER Lotto - 10in Log Cabin with a 6.5in sq to start

Post by MaryGoRound » Fri Oct 22, 2021 11:01 pm

Tracking number:
9500 1158 2557 1295 3551 94

I made a couple of red birds sitting on a branch. I haven’t done much appliqué. I hope they are O.K. I’ll try to post a photo tomorrow. I’m too tired tonight.

Take care,

Mary Go

MaryGoRound

Post by MaryGoRound » Sat Oct 23, 2021 11:58 am

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Sat Oct 23, 2021 1:26 pm

Very nice Mary
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

QuiltGram8

Post by QuiltGram8 » Sat Oct 23, 2021 5:02 pm

Beautiful, MaryGo, Wow!! Awesome!!

Well, my tracking # tells me that Teresa received my blocks. Now let the anticipation begin, who will be lucky? Will we get somebody else to join in this month?

MaryGo, your blocks are all so awesome!!
HUGS, 💕 Vel

MaryGoRound

Post by MaryGoRound » Sun Oct 24, 2021 7:13 am

Thank you! I think my blocks will be there on Monday. Now, off to the next project.
Good luck to everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MaryGo

P.S. I hope Teresa if doing better. Has anyone spoken with her??
Last edited by MaryGoRound on Sat Oct 30, 2021 12:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TeresaK

Post by TeresaK » Sun Oct 24, 2021 11:17 am

Good morning/Afternoon my Pals,
I am doing much better now. Got to go to Tehachapi yesterday. The walking and bending the knee has been good the last few days so it was good to get out. Who would have guess I would pick a windy, rainy day - LOL!!!! It was actually nice to feel the rain. Just would have been nicer on a warm day but we are starting to get the colder weather now especially at night.

MaryGo - I absolutely ADORE your Cardinal. A BEAUTIFUL addition to this wonderful Fall Quilt!!! Very warm perfect Fall fabrics you chose. Great instincts!!!

Velda - Your blocks did arrive!!! We came home late from shopping and I didn't know Rob had put it on the sofa until we sat down for dinner. I LOVE YOUR BLOCKS!!! Your fabric selection is a delight and your appliqueing is WONDERFUL!!!! This is definitely a quilt I would want to put together. I LOVE FALL!!!! Oh Hand of the Picker Please??????? LOLOL!!!

You Pals have certainly gone above and beyond what I had hoped for and I am excited!!!! Mine have real lifelike leaves with Pumpkins. Haven't gotten to the acorn yet. Was having a bit of trouble sewing with my left foot on this machine. The foot has a smaller foot attached that cuts your thread. I kept cutting the thread - LOLOLOLOL, UGH!!!!! Had to laugh.

I have 4 of mine made. Will post a picture when the sun comes out. Overclouded and windy and somewhat gloomy day today. Better get back to my COLORS!!!!

HAVE a GREAT Fall day!! If you can't see the colors outside then look at your FABulous fabrics or google FALL colors - WOW!!!!

VELDA - Thank you sincerely for the text this morning. Time and pain meds definitely got away from me.

TeresaK

Post by TeresaK » Sun Oct 24, 2021 3:36 pm

OK sooooooo a remembrance is of course what kids and also college age kids LOVE to do. JUMP in the piles of leaves after you rack them up!!! Then do it over again when you got together with your cousins. Yup a PERFECT Fall Day!!!!!

WHAT is a day you remember at any age

QuiltGram8

Re: OCTOBER Lotto - 10in Log Cabin with a 6.5in sq in corner. Share a FUN FALL DAY you had at any age

Post by QuiltGram8 » Sun Oct 24, 2021 4:13 pm

Hi Teresa so glad you are doing better, we were all missing you. 🥰

Fall memories???
Well back in our motorcycle days, every October, our club would take a day ride to enjoy the colors. We lived in north central Illinois. The motorcycle club would plan a route going to Galena, IL ( further north from our town). We would find a nice little place to stop and eat, or just have a dessert, like pie alamode (yummmm). The town of Galena has gift shops and quaint little stores. Fun day and enjoy the fall leaves and cool day.
Now who's next to share their memory??
Have a great day!
HUGS, 💕 Vel

patches4

Re: OCTOBER Lotto - 10in Log Cabin with a 6.5in sq in corner. Share a FUN FALL DAY you had at any age

Post by patches4 » Mon Oct 25, 2021 7:01 pm

Teresa

First and foremost glad to hear you are doing better!
My apologizes to all, but I looked at this lotto everyday thinking I could and then could not/should not do. I am not an experienced great quilter so I usually talk my self out of the lotto events.
This kept up until I said I think I can and did. Envelope is on its way to you
Tracking no. 9500 1110 2089 1298 7726 40 should get there by Friday. I do not know how to post pictures here so I hope they are acceptable to all.
My best memories of fall is driving through the country side roads (that's what we drove when I was younger)
and raking leaves and jumping in them before the drop dead time to bag them up. Passed that on to the kids and grand-kids.
Sorry for the latestness of this and I hope my blocks work for you all.
TinaB
Patches4

FlorenceM

Post by FlorenceM » Tue Oct 26, 2021 6:03 am

Hoping to finish today & mail tomorrow. Sorry, things crazy here.
Flo

Return to “Swaps, Round Robins, BOM”