Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

HALLOWEEN SWAP! CLOSED!

Fabric Swaps, Round Robins and Block of the Month Discussions.
gershwin64

Re: HALLOWEEN SWAP! Blocks due at my house by OCTOBER 7TH

Post by gershwin64 » Fri Sep 17, 2021 12:01 pm

I gave Valerie the address. Sorry I forgot to post.
Tina

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Fri Sep 17, 2021 2:01 pm

Hello!

We are home! As of an hour ago. We had a fantastic trip, loved this new state park we'd never been to before, but, as always, it's good to be home again. Looks like summer ended and the fall rainy season has begun while we were gone. We were 250 miles from home - 5 hour drive. The drive to and from almost anywhere is really great except for the last (or first, when we're leaving) 30 urban miles surrounding our little town. Several wrecks on wet roads caused traffic snarls aplenty, but our angels got us through it all.

Now - Halloween! Tina, thanks for giving Valerie my address. Val, I'll be looking forward to receiving your blocks next week! They are pretty cool!

How is everyone else doing? Does anyone else need my mailing address?

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Fri Sep 17, 2021 9:53 pm

So glad you made it home safely Mary. It's fun to find new places.

I'll be maiing Monday.

Tina

TeresaK

Post by TeresaK » Sat Sep 18, 2021 1:50 am

Great news to hear all around about your trip and that you made it home safely. Home is always great to come back to that is why it is so hard for us to decide if we are going to move. We always love coming back home.

I have all 4 of the Candy Corn sections pieced and cut. Now need to cut the black sections to go on each one and then sew them together. I thought I had blown it by cutting the middle section on 4 of the 4-piece blocks but they measured 6.5" so we are good. Just a smaller middle section - WHEW!!!

Had to take Rob to the hospital this afternoon so no more sewing today. His nose started gushing at 3ish but he didn't tell me until 5:15pm UGH!!!!! He now has a balloon in and it comes out on Sunday AM so no church for us.
Will continue working on the blocks. We need to go to Van Nuys on Tuesday and Bakersfield on Wednesday. The following week it is LA on Wednesday. Other than these appts we are homebound except for a few PT appts. here in Cal City. THANK the Good Lord I have Bobat Westpoint to put me back together, PT wise that is :) I need days to SLOW DOWN - LOLOLOL!!!!!

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Sat Sep 18, 2021 3:02 am

Oh Teresa so sorry to hear about Rob. Related to his blood thinner?

Mary glad you are home. I will get to post office today if I can find an open one.
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Sat Sep 18, 2021 5:22 am

Good morning,

We are in the middle of a 2-day rain storm here. First rain since June. And a bit of wind. Hope our dry stressed trees hold out!

TINA & VAL, I'll be watching for those blocks!

TERESA - Thanks for checking in. Sorry to hear about Rob. Hope all turns out OK for him. That's a lot of running around for appts. Sounds like you are coming down the home stretch with your blocks and will have yours in the mail soon, too!

We are almost there, ladies! I've so enjoyed all of your blocks. You're really all outdone yourselves with this one!

womster

Post by womster » Mon Sep 20, 2021 9:11 am

Good morning!

I forgot about having the outlaws here yesterday, so I will finish up my blocks today, double-check for size and then have them in the mail tomorrow. Yay!

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Mon Sep 20, 2021 9:15 am

Sending mine today, sent PM to Mary with Tracking number.
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

womster

Post by womster » Mon Sep 20, 2021 4:07 pm

Mine went out today too!

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Tue Sep 21, 2021 4:42 am

VAL & SHARONA - I got your messages! Thank you! I'll be waiting happily to add your fun blocks to the tote of other fun blocks! We just might be able to wrap this swap up early! It would be great if we could get our quilts finished in time for Halloween, wouldn't it?

Return to “Swaps, Round Robins, BOM”