Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Aunt Becky's Finger Protector

Having the right tool for the job is always important. Look in here for information about quilting notions that really help finish those projects.
minniemouse

Re: Aunt Becky's Finger Protector

Post by minniemouse » Thu Aug 28, 2008 2:50 pm

Hi Brenda, Check out [url]http://www.jeansimpressions.com'>http://www.jeansimpressions.com[/url]. I was also having problems with not going through all 3 layers so I e-mailed her and she told me that she thought my fabric was too tight. I loosened it up and that was the problem. My stitches are still pretty big but I can see a definite difference with the more practice I get. You might want to try a round hoop. I know that she says that you can do this on a floor frame but I know that I'm always turning my hoop to accomadate my hand position. I did buy her hoop but you could probably see if it would just work on a regular hoop to give you an idea if you wanted to invest in hers. Jan

minniemouse

Post by minniemouse » Thu Aug 28, 2008 3:14 pm

Brenda, Check your PM...........Jan

beccasmom

Post by beccasmom » Thu Aug 28, 2008 3:24 pm

Thanks Jan for the website.

Brenda

PattiBee

Post by PattiBee » Mon Sep 01, 2008 10:20 am

I just basted my quilt in half and then in half the opposite direction and my poor finger is so sore.

minniemouse

Post by minniemouse » Mon Sep 01, 2008 4:06 pm

PattiBee, What are you doing that would make your finger so sore? I've heard of knees getting sore when basting but not fingers. Quilting is supposed to be fun but it sure takes the joy out of it when you get sore fingers. Let me know. Maybe we can help........ jan

katereed01

Post by katereed01 » Tue Mar 29, 2016 10:29 am

where can i get a recessed thimble? I''''m from the UK

Return to “Quilting Notions Discussions”