Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Anti Fatigue mats

Having the right tool for the job is always important. Look in here for information about quilting notions that really help finish those projects.
petlover

Anti Fatigue mats

Post by petlover » Wed Jul 18, 2007 9:59 pm

Does anyone know of a place to buy anti fatigue mats? That concrete floor is killing me.
I saw some on the Kingsmen site but they're sold out right now.
Thanks.

calicopuzzle

Re: Anti Fatigue mats

Post by calicopuzzle » Thu Jul 19, 2007 5:07 am

I don't have one myself, but some of my quilting friends were talking about this when we met yesterday...especially while some of them stand at their long arm machines. One of them said they bought the puzzle shaped floor mats that fit together...I guess they are made out of a hard foam and are a little less spendy than some of the other kinds. You could buy some and at least try them. Even a thick foam backed piece of carpet remnant might help.

Evie

Post by Evie » Thu Jul 19, 2007 5:31 am

I wonder if any of the office stores might have this; Office Max, Staples, or Office Depot. Or even Lowe's or Home Depot.

Edited to add:

I found this at staples online:
http://www.staples.com/webapp/wcs/store ... rea=SEARCH

Susie

Post by Susie » Thu Jul 19, 2007 2:59 pm

petlover, My husband does woodworking and has several of these mats because his tools are on the hard cement garage floor. I bought them for him through a woodworking catalog...but I bet they now have them at Home Depot or Lowes. I have also heard that they sell similar mats at feed stores because they are used in milking barns etc.
Hope this helps,
Susie

qltsbme

Post by qltsbme » Thu Jul 19, 2007 3:49 pm

I found Sam's Club to be almost half the price of Home Depot and other stores.

petlover

Post by petlover » Thu Jul 19, 2007 7:46 pm

The ones at Staples look ok but I would need about 3 for the front of my machine & 3 for the back. That's more than I want to pay right now. I'm about out of money since getting the Gammill! :-)
I'll look at Home Depot & Lowe's. How much is the Sam's Club membership now? I guess I could try there if I can get in there.
Thanks so much for all the suggestions on where to look for them at. I just couldn't think where they would be.

Evie

Post by Evie » Fri Jul 20, 2007 2:17 am

petlover, if you have a friend with a Sam's card, they can take you in as a guest and you can see if they have it.

gardenquilter

Post by gardenquilter » Fri Jul 20, 2007 3:58 am

I have the mats that are puzzle shaped floor mats that fit together and are made out of a hard foam tehy are also very colorful you can use them as play mats for kids or mats for our feet they are also a great insulator from the concrete
I have gotten them at lowes and sams and have had them a while
I think they were $20-$24 for a 4 pack at lowes and
$20 for a 6 pack at sams I actually like the ones from sams better as they have piece that you can put on the edge and have a solid edge not puzzle shapped

CoyoteQuilts

Post by CoyoteQuilts » Fri Jul 20, 2007 3:13 pm

Sam's club is on line also. samsclub.com

petlover

Post by petlover » Fri Jul 20, 2007 8:02 pm

Hey, y'all are great! Thanks so much for all the good information.
I don't have a friend with a Sam's card. We used to have one but found we spent waaaay too much money there. I'll look for them online to see if they have them.
Thanks again.

Return to “Quilting Notions Discussions”