Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Piping Hot Binding

Having the right tool for the job is always important. Look in here for information about quilting notions that really help finish those projects.
sewbug

Piping Hot Binding

Post by sewbug » Mon Jul 16, 2007 6:46 am

I bought the book and the piping ruler/tool came with it. It was selling fast at the quilt show I attended Sat. I haven't tried it but I have read through the book and the directions seem easy to follow. Has anyone used this piping method? I noticed a demo of this tool will be on episode 109 of The Quilt Show coming in Sept. if anyone is interested.

Quilt Show:
http://www.thequiltshow.com/os/shows.ph ... /shows.php

Georgiapeach

Re: Piping Hot Binding

Post by Georgiapeach » Mon Jul 16, 2007 3:49 pm

Sewbug, I've seen that advertised and it looked pretty cool. I'm curious to see if anyone has used it yet, too.

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Mon Jul 16, 2007 5:29 pm

I've never even heard of it. I'll have to look it up.
Lori 8-)

calicopuzzle

Post by calicopuzzle » Tue Jul 17, 2007 2:12 am

Susan Cleveland did a workshop for our quilt guild last year, but didn't do the piping demo. A friend bought the tool and did piping on a quilt she made and it looks really great, and she said it was very easy to do. I got the instructions from an old Simply Quilts program and printed them off...one of those "to do" projects someday. You are sure to make a striking addition to your quilt with that binding.

Return to “Quilting Notions Discussions”