Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Marking pencils

Having the right tool for the job is always important. Look in here for information about quilting notions that really help finish those projects.
judy39

Re: Marking pencils

Post by judy39 » Sun Apr 13, 2014 8:58 am

I'm getting ready to use General's charcoal pencil on the dark blue fabric of my quilt. Haven't been able to find an answer to how I will get rid of those lines after I'm finished. Can I just spray water on them? Hoping not to completely wash this wall quilt.
And, I just discovered this website, it's wonderful!

MainelyMe

Post by MainelyMe » Sun Apr 13, 2014 9:47 am

I haven't used this product, but after reading many of web sites discussing it, this is what I came up with.
Only use the white one on fabric. Not the silver or black unless you think it is were it won't show. It should brush off easily, or don't use it ( test first! ).
Water will just spread the marks.
Hope this helps

FlorenceM

Post by FlorenceM » Sun Apr 13, 2014 3:29 pm

I use the purple air erasable marker when possible. I also use the white pencil or the red pencil, I have great success getting the marks out with water. Do not let your quilt get in a sunny window or hit the marks with an iron. Heat will make them permanent.

EleanorsSon

Post by EleanorsSon » Mon Jan 19, 2015 7:46 pm

I like to use item number 3415 Erasable Marvy Pen. It's my favorite product to demo. The shock when you can confidently mark your mothers favorite quilt and know that the marks will dissappear is priceless. You mark your quilt with the purple marker and can erase the marking with the other side of the marker. The markings will erase on their own after a few days.

Return to “Quilting Notions Discussions”