Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

What color is your cutting mat?

Having the right tool for the job is always important. Look in here for information about quilting notions that really help finish those projects.
Tiggersmom

Re: What color is your cutting mat?

Post by Tiggersmom » Sat May 19, 2007 10:50 am

All mine are green except for the one pink one I purchased. At night I have trouble seeing what I'm cutting so I especially use the pink one then.

quiltfan35

Post by quiltfan35 » Sat May 19, 2007 11:00 am

I have three a green olfa turning mat a gray friskers and a pink friskers that I love; I love pink I even bought the pink olfa rotory cutter just because it was pink I wish that everything would be pink or more girlish since the magarity of there customer base is females you would think that they would want to capitalize on that I would.

gardenquilter

Post by gardenquilter » Mon May 21, 2007 5:50 am

ok I am beginning to think that I need variety in my mat cutting color I always thought green was great then I got the white one but after reading yall I am beginning to think that a few variations might be nice

Lupe

Post by Lupe » Mon May 21, 2007 5:14 pm

I have green ones of all sizes but my favorite is my "33 X 58" white mat it fits on my sewing table. This one has taken the place of my other mats. I just bought a green rotating mat its small "12 X "12, it is great for the flying geese block.
Lupe

QIAD-Linda

Post by QIAD-Linda » Mon May 21, 2007 6:41 pm

I have used grey, green, and white. I like the white (actually cloudy) mat best. I know they are softer and do not last as long but I like the feel of cutting on it. The grey one is just too dense for me.

Linda

GlitzyMe

Post by GlitzyMe » Sun May 27, 2007 5:22 am

Most of my mats are gray. I have a couple bright blue Dritz but my very favorite is the translucent white that is the same size as my cutting table. The color of the fabric I'm cutting usually determines which mat I use...color contrast.

Return to “Quilting Notions Discussions”