Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Solvy

Having the right tool for the job is always important. Look in here for information about quilting notions that really help finish those projects.
FullofHope

Solvy

Post by FullofHope » Sat May 05, 2007 3:48 am

Can anyone tell me about this product?

mic-pa

Re: Solvy

Post by mic-pa » Sat May 05, 2007 8:42 am

Are you talking about Sulky Solvey .If so it comes on a roll and I use it when embroidering on Towels or sweatshirts on top of the pc I am working on. It goes in the hoop and for towels it holds down the nap, so to speak and makes the stitching stand out more. It also washes away. I use tear away underneath my embroidery which is different than the solvey. Also when I open the package I put the remainder in a plastic bag to keep it pliable as it dries out rather fast if left to the air. Hope this is what you were asking. Marge

Melquilts

Post by Melquilts » Tue May 08, 2007 10:47 am

You would not believe the lace my sister makes using that stuff!! She stitches in every direction, (overlapping stitches as she goes is a must!) She adds bits of textured yarns or threads and embellishes to her hearts content. If you haven't stitched enough, when you dissolve the Solvy, you will know!!

Holon

Post by Holon » Fri May 11, 2007 4:43 pm

I saw that done on a quilt show before, it was so neat! I'm going to try it tommrow.

Return to “Quilting Notions Discussions”