Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Embroidery

Having the right tool for the job is always important. Look in here for information about quilting notions that really help finish those projects.
QuiltMom1

Embroidery

Post by QuiltMom1 » Sun Apr 29, 2007 6:29 am

I am considering purchasing an embroidery machine. I have a Pfaff Quilting maching and love it but their price is just too high for embroidery. I looked at a Brother SE 270D - anyone out there have one and would like to share pros and cons ??
Thanks

Tiggersmom

Re: Embroidery

Post by Tiggersmom » Mon Apr 30, 2007 4:23 pm

I have 2 Berninas......the Deco, 4 inch hoop and the 165E. They aren't cheap and doing embroidery isn't either with the cost of stablizer and thread.

Do some research. I really love the way mine performs but I don't use either of them as much as I should. IMHO

mic-pa

Post by mic-pa » Tue May 01, 2007 12:17 am

Hi, I agree with Tiggersmom, embroidery is not for the faint of heart as it is expensive, I have two embroidery machines and when you purchase the cards to emb. and the stabalizer plus all the thread,etc. it adds up. You need to buy from a dealer you can trust and will give you the support when you need help or if the machine develops a problem. I have a Janome and really like it. Marge

HugANurse

Post by HugANurse » Sun May 06, 2007 4:03 pm

I have a Baby Lock Ellageo and I love it. Everyone is right about the cost and the need for a good dealer who can support you. It is great fun to combine the embroidery with quilting - the best of both worlds!

Bobbi

bettyb

Post by bettyb » Mon May 07, 2007 6:37 am

I have a Janome 300E. I have found it to be very reasonable in price and it has a lot of features for a larger hoop so you can do 5x7 designs. It takes a flash card so you can down-load designs from your computer and don't need to buy expensive cards. You can buy one at a time designs or many times, get them free at different embroidery addresses. You also don't need the magic box or a box to convert the designs for you. I have other friends that have the 300E and they are all very satisfied. Very quality machine for the money.

Return to “Quilting Notions Discussions”