Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

lighted magnifying headband

Having the right tool for the job is always important. Look in here for information about quilting notions that really help finish those projects.
morgans4

lighted magnifying headband

Post by morgans4 » Fri Jan 05, 2018 1:22 pm

Does anyone have, or has anyone ever seen how well these work? my eyes just cannot seem to find the eye of a needle anymore, and picking out threads is just awful, especially if the thread and fabric color are close to the same. I'm going to be doing some embroidery work on a crazy quilt and think these might be just what I need.

auntjana

Re: lighted magnifying headband

Post by auntjana » Fri Jan 05, 2018 6:01 pm

My DH uses one with doing his model railroad. It is tiny pieces he works with and it does help, even with his glasses.

purrfect-lady

Re: lighted magnifying headband

Post by purrfect-lady » Sun Jan 21, 2018 3:37 am

I use a headband light or a light hung around my neck when I work on my cross-stitch. Works great! Have to rest my neck or head now and then, but not so often as I have to rest my eyes when not using a light!

Return to “Quilting Notions Discussions”