Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Cleaning bobbin area of machine....

Having the right tool for the job is always important. Look in here for information about quilting notions that really help finish those projects.
painter62

Cleaning bobbin area of machine....

Post by painter62 » Sun Oct 19, 2014 6:11 am

I once had a tool for cleaning inside the bobbin case that I can no longer find. It was given to me by Ann at an Eleanor Burns retreat in Julian. I should have asked her where she got it. I assumed it would be easy to find. Can't find it anywhere. It was a fairly long thing with a very small "fuzz ball" on the end. It was perfect. Any ideas where I can find some?

MainelyMe

Re: Cleaning bobbin area of machine....

Post by MainelyMe » Sun Oct 19, 2014 6:03 pm

I don't know what tool you are asking about is, but what about a Q-tip? I use them sometimes.
Joan

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Mon Oct 20, 2014 3:51 am

I use pipe cleaners. And I found a lifetime supply of them at the Goodwill a few years back - for 25 cents! Works great! dust and lint clings to them.

suzette58

Post by suzette58 » Wed Oct 22, 2014 10:13 pm

I use a flux brush to clean my bobbin area and case. They are used to spread flux when soldering. If you have a Harbor Freight nearby you can get them there really reasonable.

Suzette
Suzette

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Thu Oct 23, 2014 1:43 am

Psalm 91

gmaann

Post by gmaann » Sun Oct 26, 2014 4:39 pm

Not sure if I'm the Ann you mentioned, but a micro brush does work great! A friend gave me something that had a long 'handle' (now broken!) and said it was what Drs. use for Pap smears! It works great even though the 'handle' is now about an inch long! I haven't had the gumption to ask my Dr for a replacement. Maybe someone here could tell us the official name and how to order them!

Ann/gmaann

gmaann

Post by gmaann » Sun Oct 26, 2014 4:51 pm

I just looked here on the QIAD website. They are on page 39 of the notions. I didn't find them when I put micro brush in the search, though. Called Micro Brush Bendable Applicators.

morgans4

Post by morgans4 » Tue Oct 28, 2014 7:00 am

I bought, in the toothpaste aisle at Walmart, some handy little things that "floss" between your teeth but it's not floss. It's flexible...
well, I couldn't describe them, so I went upstairs and got them. They are called G.U.M. Go-Betweens
made by Sunstar. There are 8 in a package, so they last you a long time. One end is little bristles. They work really good to grab that fuzz.

xteacher2

Post by xteacher2 » Wed Oct 29, 2014 8:14 pm

These are what they use to apply glue to tiny model cars, etc. Onne of El's senior instructors gave one to me. I found them at Hobby Lobby, but saw them at QIAD in Paducah the last time I was there, so I think they figured out we girls can use them, too.

Doubt kt is as big as the dr. one. Fuzzy part is maybe 1/8 in. Handle is probably 3 in.

girl

Post by girl » Sat Nov 22, 2014 2:17 pm

I had a secret pal give me a medscand cytobrush plus. I works like a charm. Where she got it????????????????

Return to “Quilting Notions Discussions”