Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Thinking about getting an Accuquilt

Having the right tool for the job is always important. Look in here for information about quilting notions that really help finish those projects.
Quiltmom

Thinking about getting an Accuquilt

Post by Quiltmom » Tue Jul 08, 2014 3:49 pm

I have been seeing information about Accuquilt machines. Do many of you have one? What do you think of it? Any suggestions or opinions will help. Are they worth the money is the main question I have. Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

cindyg

Re: Thinking about getting an Accuquilt

Post by cindyg » Wed Jul 09, 2014 4:47 am

Well, I still work full time so it takes me forever to make a quilt so I couldn't justify the expense of the AccuQuilt since I'd only be using it a couple times a year. Also, you can't get dies sometimes in the same size that you need for a specific pattern and they are expensive. That being said, if I were retired and cranking out easy charity quilts etc. then the AccuQuilt would be the way to go. Vicki, my BFF, got the studio version the year before last at the quilt show and we have only used it once.

billizzy

Post by billizzy » Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:44 am

I have one and I have used them. If you plan to get one I would recommend waiting until Cyber monday which is the thanksgiving sale online at Joannes. You will get one with bundle of cutters for the price you will pay for just cutter now:))

I love mine and am in process of cutting a lot of my scraps with them:))

izzy
🐐izzy

FarmChick

Post by FarmChick » Wed Jul 09, 2014 12:38 pm

Izzy--thanks for the sale suggestion! I would love to have the Winding Ways or Wheel of Mystery dies if I had one. Also the Drunkard's Path ones. Oh, and maybe hexagons...

fabricgirl

Post by fabricgirl » Fri Jul 11, 2014 10:50 pm

I have the accuquilt Go cutter and I have a five inch die for cutting charms I have the 2 1/2 " strip cutter I also have several more dies it is worth all the money I spent on them .

Lois.

gmaann

Post by gmaann » Sun Jul 27, 2014 3:02 am

I like my AccuQuilt cutter for the special shapes, but I have not used it for standard strips and squares. I do have a friend that has difficulty cutting because of a bad wrist, and she uses it for everything. I guess it's a personal decision.

Return to “Quilting Notions Discussions”