Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Help with Shape Cut Pro~ Cuts/ strips are "bowed"

Having the right tool for the job is always important. Look in here for information about quilting notions that really help finish those projects.
tallfatblonde

Help with Shape Cut Pro~ Cuts/ strips are "bowed"

Post by tallfatblonde » Wed Nov 27, 2013 5:04 pm

I purchased the shape cut plus pro ruler. I used it for the first time and my 2 and 1/2 inch strips came out "bowed" (slight V in the center). I have only been sewing/ quilting for 3 months, so it is all very new to me.

auntjana

Re: Help with Shape Cut Pro~ Cuts/ strips are "bowed"

Post by auntjana » Thu Nov 28, 2013 6:39 pm

It is from the folding of the fabric. You just need to make sure that the fabric is folded so that the selveges are parallel with each other. Most of the time, the fold from the store is not and needs to be pressed out and refolded. Then when you fold it in half again to cut your strips, the fold needs to be lined up straight on the selveges. That should help you v or as I call them, elbows.
Jana

Return to “Quilting Notions Discussions”