Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

What pattern was the very first quilt you made?

Having the right tool for the job is always important. Look in here for information about quilting notions that really help finish those projects.
Irishgram

Re: What pattern was the very first quilt you made?

Post by Irishgram » Sun Jan 05, 2020 8:05 pm

When I decided to make a quilt, I didn't have a pattern...In fact, I didn't have a rotary cutter, matt or any of the things that a "normal" quilter would have...I picked out fabric and kind of drew a pattern and started cutting and sewing....This was probably 20 years ago and me not knowing any different, kept making squares and when I put it together, it was king size and much too big to quilt on my old Kenmore so I spread it out on the dining room table and quilted it all by hand....The old quilt has held up pretty good, gone through quite a few washings, hung on the outside line to dry and back on the bed...Now, she is safely wrapped up and preserved, not sure for who or why...But, I can honestly say, I loved making that quilt and really have come a long way since then...Hey, I even have a couple of matts and cutters now....I probably should try to count up the quilts I've made since then, I might be surprised at the number...Most of them, I have taken pictures of....It's been a great, lovable hobby......

Irishgram

Re: What pattern was the very first quilt you made?

Post by Irishgram » Sun Jan 05, 2020 8:06 pm

When I decided to make a quilt, I didn't have a pattern...In fact, I didn't have a rotary cutter, matt or any of the things that a "normal" quilter would have...I picked out fabric and kind of drew a pattern and started cutting and sewing....This was probably 20 years ago and me not knowing any different, kept making squares and when I put it together, it was king size and much too big to quilt on my old Kenmore so I spread it out on the dining room table and quilted it all by hand....The old quilt has held up pretty good, gone through quite a few washings, hung on the outside line to dry and back on the bed...Now, she is safely wrapped up and preserved, not sure for who or why...But, I can honestly say, I loved making that quilt and really have come a long way since then...Hey, I even have a couple of matts and cutters now....I probably should try to count up the quilts I've made since then, I might be surprised at the number...Most of them, I have taken pictures of....It's been a great, lovable hobby......

Return to “Quilting Notions Discussions”