Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Rotary Blade Sharpener

Having the right tool for the job is always important. Look in here for information about quilting notions that really help finish those projects.
Rose92

Rotary Blade Sharpener

Post by Rose92 » Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:35 am

Has anyone found a good rotary blade sharpener? I have tried 2 of the cheaper models with no success. I am now considering the more expensive models that are currently advertised, but "twice burned, twice shy". Any suggestions?

Linda

TooMuchFabric

Re: Rotary Blade Sharpener

Post by TooMuchFabric » Mon Jun 03, 2013 3:58 am

The quilt guild I belong to bought the Tru-Sharp electric one. I have the Tru-Sharp that is not electric. Several have sharpened their blades on the electric one and think it does a good job. It is around $55 - $60 so that would need to be weighted to see if it would save enough on blades to justify the expense.

scrapquilter48

Re: Rotary Blade Sharpener

Post by scrapquilter48 » Fri Jan 31, 2014 11:34 am

My guild worked with 2 different blade sharpeners, I was looking at purchasing and sharpen other members blade for a price and get my tool paid off in time.

They suggested the lower cost sharpens and it might last for 2mths, then have to sharpen again. The other higher cost sharpens better both is it worth or buying new rotary.. Another lady sharpens members rotary, her husband has a hardware tool in his shop that does the work. She didn't explain what this tool was, man toy..

Return to “Quilting Notions Discussions”