Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

ANGLER

Having the right tool for the job is always important. Look in here for information about quilting notions that really help finish those projects.
morgans4

ANGLER

Post by morgans4 » Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:51 am

My daughter moved out and I am getting a sewing room. When I opened one of my many bins I found an Angler that I purchased... only the dear Lord knows when. I've actually been looking for one to buy, so it was awhile back.
I am totally confused. I don't think it's an Angler 2, which I saw in the messages back in 2008, but I guess it could be.
How do you keep it out of the way of the feed dogs? It covers mine. It says to cut out along the dotted lines but to leave the center portion. I did that and it looks strange but, oh well. How do you get it to stay on the machine? It says to pierce the plastic with the needle "here", and I did, but again, I'm confused about the feed dogs. If they can't move, the fabric won't move either. Any ideas out there?

gmaann

Re: ANGLER

Post by gmaann » Sun Dec 02, 2012 3:00 pm

I am not home, so can't look at my Angler, but as I recall, you have to cut out a rectangular piece where the feed dogs are, then you place that piece back in and put the needle down where it says, and then tape the Angler to your machine . Masking tape and Scotch tape work equally well, but I think it is easier to remove the masking tape when you are done. Then you raise the needle and remove that rectangular piece. Be careful to have the Angler 'square' with the machine so that your angles are perfect. I like using it when I have lots of pieces to sew and don't have the time or energy to draw the diagonal lines!

Good luck!

MainelyMe

Re: ANGLER

Post by MainelyMe » Sun Jan 13, 2013 1:04 pm

I haven't used mine in a while, but I always used the blue painters tape. I like that type because it sticks well, but doesn't leave any residue behind when you take it up off the machine.

Return to “Quilting Notions Discussions”