Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Pens for Labeling

Having the right tool for the job is always important. Look in here for information about quilting notions that really help finish those projects.
lucieshouses

Pens for Labeling

Post by lucieshouses » Fri Aug 31, 2012 3:43 am

Which pens do you use when you want to write on a label? Pigma, Identi-pen? Fine point? What did you use for your autograph blocks? Sometimes it just a hassle to put on my embroidery unit and would rather just make a nice and easy label. Inquiring minds really need to know!!!!

Lucie

auntjana

Re: Pens for Labeling

Post by auntjana » Fri Aug 31, 2012 5:31 am

I like the pigma pens - and then I iron the writing with a hot dry iron to set the ink - worked so far for me

Jana

lucieshouses

Post by lucieshouses » Mon Sep 03, 2012 4:10 am

Thanks Jana! Loved the wedding pics!! Lucie

Quilter7

Post by Quilter7 » Tue Sep 04, 2012 2:03 pm

Hi Lucie,
I am in agreement about the pigma pens, however I will add a word of caution. I often mark my quilts for quilting with washable markerrs and I want to make sure I get all of those markings out. I use Synthrapol to do so. If I have made a lable with the pigma markings even though I have ironed it some of the ink will wash abay. I only had to do that once to learn a lesson. I just go ahead and use the embroidery unit. I know it won't wash away!
Carol

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Sat Sep 08, 2012 3:50 am

I use both pigma and identipen. And iron them to 'set' them. However, I will say that many of the signatures on my autograph quilt from 2 yrs ago have blurred with only 2 washings. Including my own!

Quiltmama1958

Post by Quiltmama1958 » Thu Sep 13, 2012 9:51 am

I found a wonderful thing at my local quilt store. It is paper/fabric I can run through my printer and create the most wonderful labels for my quilts. No more running ink and the colors I want are all at my fingertips. My daughter designs the labels for me and I can print 4 on an 8 1/2 x 11 sheet. So far no problem with washing the labels.

Return to “Quilting Notions Discussions”