Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Another ruler question

Having the right tool for the job is always important. Look in here for information about quilting notions that really help finish those projects.
ollie1shoe

Another ruler question

Post by ollie1shoe » Fri Aug 24, 2012 1:17 pm

Does anyone use the add a quarter ruler I think they may be for use when you paper piecing if you use them do you like them I had never heard of one till our quilting group meeting Monday night

Marilynsgrammy

Re: Another ruler question

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Fri Aug 24, 2012 3:23 pm

I have never used one... I have had a plexi type square rod thing that was 1/4 inches wide by 1/4 inches high... it was too skinny for me to hold onto while trying to use it.

I use a 12 inch long 1 inch wide ruler... I got it at Joanns and use the 1/4 inch line on it all the time.. it is my favorite and most used ruler..and it fits my fingers much better than anything skinnier.

when I make half square triangles I use it to mark the squares for my sewing guide line... it's perfect...

hope that helps.
Psalm 91

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Sat Aug 25, 2012 7:09 am

In using these you have to be careful that you are not adding more than the quarter inch - running your pencil along side the ruler will add thickness - depending on how you place the pencil against it and the thickness of the line you draw - just beware -

Jana

scrapquilter48

Post by scrapquilter48 » Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:35 am

Found 1/4 works OK, but glued some sandpaper to prevent slipping, then made it easier to draw line.

Return to “Quilting Notions Discussions”