Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Perfect solution for bobbin thread holder~!!

Having the right tool for the job is always important. Look in here for information about quilting notions that really help finish those projects.
BJSmith

Perfect solution for bobbin thread holder~!!

Post by BJSmith » Wed Aug 01, 2012 8:28 am

I was shopping yesterday and found these small "hair doodles" as we used to call them when my daughter was small. They're just the small, knit covered elastic things you use in place of rubber bands for ponytails. The smallest size fits perfectly around a bobbin when not in use to keep the thread from coming unspooled.

judyquilts

Re: Perfect solution for bobbin thread holder~!!

Post by judyquilts » Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:47 am

Yes they are great Also, the toe separators used when we get toes polished. They are cheap at Dollar stores or Wal Mart. They hold bobbins well. Lol

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:44 am

I use them on my long arm bobbins.

LoveQuilts3

Post by LoveQuilts3 » Mon Aug 13, 2012 2:48 am

THE PLASTIC SPINE'S FOR BOOKS THAT YOU CAN EASELY FIND AT YOUR OFFICE
SUPPLY STORE MAKE WONDERFUL BOBBIN HOLDERS AND YOU CAN SEE THE COLOR
OF YOUR THREAD ALSO THEY ARE EASY TO REMOVE AND PUT BACK IN PLACE
WHEN READY.

7Nana

Post by 7Nana » Sat Mar 08, 2014 6:12 am

Depending on the number of bobbins you have, the cheapest "cure" I've found, to keep them from getting tangled and unwound, is the clear plastic tubing. I cut it the depth (or a little less)of the bobbin and slice it down the center. It fits around the bobbin, being flexible to contain a full or almost-empty bobbin, doesn't obscure the color of thread and allows the bobbin to be stored with the matching spool of thread, if you prefer that handy storage method.

Return to “Quilting Notions Discussions”