Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

My favorite ruler

Having the right tool for the job is always important. Look in here for information about quilting notions that really help finish those projects.
maryq

My favorite ruler

Post by maryq » Sat Feb 18, 2012 6:07 am

Hi Girls

My favorite cutting ruler has seen better days.. I think I've take a few little chunks out of it with my cutter... But I am sad because I cannot find another like it anywhere!

It's made by Olifa.. with a built in lip that's perfect for lining up with the edge of my matt. I have tried the other rulers (can't remember the brand) where you attach a lip to the end, but they just don't seem to stay in place.

Has anybody out there seen this ruler? HELP

thanks
Maryq

auntjana

Re: My favorite ruler

Post by auntjana » Sat Feb 18, 2012 9:12 am

Oh Mary - what a shame to lose your favorite ruler due to old age! LOL I have seen this ruler - but it was many many years ago - my BF that I taught to quilt had one - that was about 25 years ago! Sorry to be of no help!

Hope that you can find a replacement for it.

OK - went looking at websites for this ruler - they still make it and you can find it at Jo Ann's - online - it is 4 x 36 - on sale too - half price -

kenderosa

Post by kenderosa » Sat Feb 18, 2012 12:46 pm

Mary- I have this ruler and just love it! Cindyg's BFF, Vicki has it also! Wonderful ruler!!!!! Hope you find another one just like it!

Sue

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Mon Feb 20, 2012 1:35 am

I am sure you checked the Olfa web site??

what about Amazon.com or E-bay??

hope you find what you are looking for.
Psalm 48:10 Isaiah 41:10

Joannequilts

Post by Joannequilts » Tue Feb 21, 2012 2:14 pm

Mary, I went to JoAnn's website and Jana is right!! The 4" X 36" with the lip is on sale!! I have one that I've had for ages, but not this long, so I ordered it..it is my favorite, too!

Joanne

maryq

Post by maryq » Sat Feb 25, 2012 4:25 pm

Thanks Gals

I just ordered the ruler! Found a couple other things too...

Wanda_GA

Post by Wanda_GA » Thu Mar 22, 2012 12:21 pm

I have the same one which is Olfa, clear w/ gold markings and called Lip Edge ruler. I love it too, I purchased mine at JoAnn's ages ago, have you looked there? Or check the Olfa website I don't know it, but they are bound to have one don't you think? Good luck...
Wanda

scrapquilter48

Post by scrapquilter48 » Fri Jan 31, 2014 12:09 pm

Funny you ask, another quild member had the same question, and was looking for one. I own one, but apparently they don't make them anymore...

Wonder if company still exists.. Isn't that crazy when you have a good invention, it becomes obsolete.

Return to “Quilting Notions Discussions”