Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Flynn quilting frame - Update - it works!

Having the right tool for the job is always important. Look in here for information about quilting notions that really help finish those projects.
scrapquilter48

Re: Flynn quilting frame - Update - it works!

Post by scrapquilter48 » Tue Jan 31, 2012 6:46 am

Xblock rulers, recommend for hours of fun...Easy, fast fun derived from 9-patch thrown off kinter, or 3strips thrown off kinter, quilt in no time done. Avail in 6.5, 7.5, 3.5,4.5..Check www.patriciapepe@earthlink.net for patterns books.

PHXROSE

Post by PHXROSE » Sat Feb 25, 2012 8:18 am

I had one and gave it away. It works for small quilts but so does your sewing machine with a larger throat. To do larger quilts you need to buy longer pipe and then the problems start.
You need lots of room for larger quilts even more than a long arm table. Think about the whole width of your quilt on one side of your sewing machine and then moving it to the other side back and forth and of course the pvc pipes that you balance the frame on keep rolling off the table.
Kudos to those who use it and like it but it was not for me.

scrapquilter48

Post by scrapquilter48 » Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:50 am

I lent flynn frame with 2 other quild members, one felt upon reading instructions, I would have to purchase additinol hardward to use it...Another felt very useful, but only does one small area at a time, and ltd.

Irishwoman

Post by Irishwoman » Fri Apr 12, 2013 1:48 am

Has anyone seen the half-frame round (hand-quilting) frame? I saw an ad several months ago. It is primarily for holding the edges of the quilt tightly enough to quilt the area. Quilting the border area is always the hardest part for me because I can't get it tight enough.

Can anyone help?

Irishwoman

rosebud3

Post by rosebud3 » Sat Apr 27, 2013 3:28 pm

Irishwoman you may want to try the sew easy lap frame (17"x17") to do the borders. I had to invest in one for a quilt I am working on. Good luck!

Mary/Rosebud

scrapquilter48

Post by scrapquilter48 » Sun Jun 02, 2013 5:03 am

Flynn frame qlter, some like others no, I use it for babyquilts, you are ltd to distance to travel with your machine. Lent it to another quilter she wasn't hooked. If need for small project works great. But make sure when purchasing, you have all screws and pipes to work with. Some might have to add on extra trinkets to balance out on your machine.

livelylady

Post by livelylady » Wed Jul 24, 2013 4:45 pm

I have the Flynn and love it for small quilts but I''''m not clever enough to do anything but meandering. I do use it every time to baste a quilt if I want to do quilt motifs.

meka

Post by meka » Tue Jan 21, 2014 2:40 am

I have one to sell, never used. Does not have the large rollers paid 80.00. Would sell for 50 + shipping.

CA01907

Post by CA01907 » Mon Mar 16, 2015 6:54 pm

If anyone has an EasyQuilter or a Flynn Quilting frame for sale, I would love to hear from you. Thank you!

Return to “Quilting Notions Discussions”