Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Flynn quilting frame - Update - it works!

Having the right tool for the job is always important. Look in here for information about quilting notions that really help finish those projects.
SQUEELQuilter

Flynn quilting frame - Update - it works!

Post by SQUEELQuilter » Tue Jan 10, 2012 3:05 pm

Does anyone have, or have you used the Flynn quilting frame. You can use your machine to quilt with it? I read some rave reviews and watched a video on it - it looks great - at least for the amount of quilting I do. Just looking to see if anyone has any experience with them before ordering.
Update - it showed up yesterday and I tried it out today. It worked great! I did take the time to watch the entire video again (30 minutes) and familiarize myself with the instructions. Loading the quilt is the most time consuming part - but if you take your time and do it the way they say - it works great! I am so excited - I quilted two smaller quilts today! (One a small table covering about 36x36 and the other a 48x60 lap quilt). No buckles, puckers, or anything. I am definitely hooked!

ollie1shoe

Re: Flynn quilting frame - Update - it works!

Post by ollie1shoe » Tue Jan 10, 2012 3:11 pm

i have not used them but i read somewhere that they were not as good as they hoped they would be but thats been awhile back and i cant remember for sure what they didnt like about them wish i could remember where i read it probably was on a review about them have you tried to search it for some info that might be more useful

SQUEELQuilter

Post by SQUEELQuilter » Wed Jan 11, 2012 4:24 pm

Thanks for the info, I went ahead and ordered one today from Nancy's - 100% guaranteed so if I don't like it I can send it back. I will let you know how it goes! :)

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Fri Jan 13, 2012 7:42 am

Sorry I didn't see this sooner my friend has one and it doesn't work at all for her - she never uses it.

I hope that your experience is better.

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Sun Jan 15, 2012 2:38 pm

Our guild has an auction of unwanted items and the flynn frame was in there every year...some one tries it and doesn't like it and back it comes

SQUEELQuilter

Post by SQUEELQuilter » Sun Jan 15, 2012 5:27 pm

AAHHHH!!! - Well it is on it's way - should be here sometime this week. I'll try it too - hopefully with better results :(
I did watch a 30 minute video about how to use it correctly, I hope that helps because I am excited to use it.
I will definitely let you all know how it goes and whether or not it goes back!
Thanks for the input - I sure appreciate all the tips and ideas I get from everyone :0)

Suzquilts

Post by Suzquilts » Sun Jan 22, 2012 6:22 am

Have to admit, I'm still in love with my Easy Quilter (www.easyquilter.com). Have to baste the quilt, but I love having a version of a long arm in a "short" arm LOL.

Glad you're enjoying your Flynn!

Susan

SQUEELQuilter

Post by SQUEELQuilter » Mon Jan 23, 2012 4:09 pm

Hmmm, I've never heard of easy quilter - I might check it out just to see. But basting is my least favorite part :p

fabricgirl

Post by fabricgirl » Mon Jan 23, 2012 11:02 pm

Congrats Im Glad it's working for you have fun.

Lois

scrapquilter48

Post by scrapquilter48 » Tue Jan 31, 2012 6:43 am

Flynn is sitting in my closet, for yrs. can't get rich enough to purchase a decent sew machine to try, want to try it, maybe soon. Least know someone know who has experienced with it, if I have any questions.

It does look like a real great invention.

Return to “Quilting Notions Discussions”