Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Iron on Vinyl

Having the right tool for the job is always important. Look in here for information about quilting notions that really help finish those projects.
grammiequilts

Iron on Vinyl

Post by grammiequilts » Thu Dec 01, 2011 4:56 am

I found this at Joanns, it is by Heat n Bond. It does work but experiment on scraps first. I had to throw away 2 mug rugs I had the iron too hot and ,melted it. You NEVER touch the iron to the vinyl use directions you use the paper backing as an ironing sheet, It made cute mug rugs wipeable, I also made some lunch bags and lined them with it to make them sort of water proof. Diaper bags and changing pads have good application with this stuff too...

mellomayking

Re: Iron on Vinyl

Post by mellomayking » Thu Dec 01, 2011 5:16 am

Great idea....thanks for sharing.

Ittybittygma

Post by Ittybittygma » Thu Dec 01, 2011 6:12 am

Thanks for the info, grammie. I never heard of this stuff but sounds like a neat idea once you figure out how to use it. It would be great for baby bibs. Maybe I should put some on hubby's shirts. He is always spilling something on the front of him. LOL

Thanks for sharing. Hugs, Shirley Mae

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Thu Dec 01, 2011 8:28 am

Another use might be a quiet book page that could use the wipe off crayon markers for a young child.

Thanks for sharing this -

fabricgirl

Post by fabricgirl » Fri Dec 02, 2011 11:13 pm

Judi

I saw that as well and am thinking I saw those diaper covers and thought next time I make a bag for a shower gift it will be of some good use as well thanks for bringing that to my attention.

Also if your makeing adult bibs this can be good.

Thanks Again.
Lois

gmaann

Post by gmaann » Sun Dec 04, 2011 2:51 pm

Thanks for the info! Sounds like something that could have many uses. I like the lunch bag idea, especially!

Kittyquilt9292

Post by Kittyquilt9292 » Mon Jan 30, 2012 4:59 am

grammiequilts, just saw this post, haven't been lurking much lately. I see I missed a lot........you all are terrific inspirers!

I am glad to hear about this product; I must try it. I think it would be a great lining for fabric grocery/shopping bags for the bags carrying frozen things and well as milk, etc. I'll have to watch for a 50% off coupon; thanks for the info.

hugs, carol/kittyquilt

Return to “Quilting Notions Discussions”