Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

IRONS!

Having the right tool for the job is always important. Look in here for information about quilting notions that really help finish those projects.
debisews1

Re: IRONS!

Post by debisews1 » Fri Nov 18, 2011 11:12 am

I have a rowenta and you have to know that some rowentas are made in germany and some in mexico, the ones in mexico are very cheap and do not last the german made are the good ones.

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Thu Dec 01, 2011 4:52 am

I have 2 Rowentas, One downstairs for the regular ironing and one upstairs for my quilting,, I like them both but I find they need cleaning frequently to remove water deposits. I bought one from Germany expensive and one cheap at Joanns. Both have been around for a few years. I think I would replace them with a cheapy though and toss when done. I don't think either one is hot enough or heavy enough.

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Tue Dec 06, 2011 7:03 am

Linda that's the iron I had that over heated. I only used water from a spray bottle. Never put it in the iron. I was using a poly-cotton thread and it melted the thread. So I made the quilt twice. UGH!
Lori 8-)

Quiltmom

Post by Quiltmom » Tue Dec 06, 2011 5:06 pm

I am with you guys. I have a Sunbeam that I bought cheap about 8 or 9 years ago and it works great steam or dry. When it "bites" the dust I will throw it out and go get another one. I even use regular water from the tap and it doesn't clog. It is the best I have had.

Lodad

Post by Lodad » Mon Dec 26, 2011 6:51 am

I have been using my Black & Decker iron for about 2 years and it still is going fine. It has a cleaning feature which is a good thing.
I hope it keeps going for many more years.

Lowell ;)

suzette58

Post by suzette58 » Sun Jan 01, 2012 8:22 am

I have a Reliable digital velocity iron. I absolutely love it. I like a heavy iron and this gives me exactly what I want. It was a little on the expensive side but it has a warranty but I cannot remember how long it is. They have a website if you are interested.

Suzette
Suzette

Return to “Quilting Notions Discussions”