Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

disappearing ink pens

Having the right tool for the job is always important. Look in here for information about quilting notions that really help finish those projects.
Mahoney1

disappearing ink pens

Post by Mahoney1 » Sat Jun 25, 2011 12:35 pm

I am currently using both Mark B Gone, which I have used in the past and have not found it to be a problem and the other half of the pen is a purplish disappearing ink. My question is this-does it truly disappear. I did daub it with cool water when I marked in the wrong area and it did seem to disappear. Another question, should I wash the quilt when I am finished to be sure it is all out?

Thanks,
Karen

dforseth

Re: disappearing ink pens

Post by dforseth » Sat Jun 25, 2011 2:06 pm

It will disappear when washed, but DO NOT iron it. I made that mistake once and it took it several washes to remove. If you want the color gone before you give/use the quilt then wash it.
Hope this helps.
Debbie
Debbie Forseth
:D

auntjana

Re: disappearing ink pens

Post by auntjana » Sat Jun 25, 2011 6:49 pm

Yes NEVER put a iron to the marking ink - in some cases it will make it permanent!!

I have found that they do disappear when washed.

Jana

Return to “Quilting Notions Discussions”