Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Quilt Patis templates

Having the right tool for the job is always important. Look in here for information about quilting notions that really help finish those projects.
Jules

Quilt Patis templates

Post by Jules » Tue Apr 05, 2011 4:42 am

Hi, I have heard a lot about these plastic hexagons templates and can't find anyone in the UK who has ever heard of them so I was wondering if anyone in the US knows of any stores that sells them, and then maybe I can buy them online from somewhere.......any tips or help would be gratefully appreciated :)

auntjana

Re: Quilt Patis templates

Post by auntjana » Tue Apr 05, 2011 7:44 am

Jules

Are these templates for machine quilting on your LA? If they are a place on the 'net called Gadget Girls www.thegadgetgirls.com sells them and has many different shapes. I have looked to buy some for me - but have decided that they are very expensive and I am waiting for awhile -

Hope that this helps
Jana

Jules

Post by Jules » Tue Apr 05, 2011 10:58 am

Thanks Jana, they're not for the quilting machine, they are plastic hexagon templates, with a hole in the centre so you can pin your fabric firmly and then because they are plastic (instead of paper) you can press a nice sharp edge and they sew together really well, it's the English paper piecing method but using plastic templates.......from the reports I have read, they give the neatest finish when hand sewing hexagons together :)

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Wed Apr 06, 2011 5:29 am

OK - try Clotilde.com - they sell all kinds of sewing stuff - I thought I saw something like that there - good luck!

kho

Post by kho » Wed Apr 06, 2011 6:33 am

I may have located them for you. Check your pm's.

Suzquilts

Post by Suzquilts » Wed Apr 06, 2011 3:30 pm

Jules - due to the cost, I ended up cutting out my own from template plastic and punched the holes with a one hole punch from an office supply store.

Just a thought.

Susan

kho

Post by kho » Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:41 pm

Jules, I sent you a pm. The site I found lists several stores and phone numbers. The site is out of stock of 2 different sizes. I also sent you their email addy. It's in the second pm. Sandy

Jules

Post by Jules » Sun Apr 10, 2011 11:35 am

Thanks everyone :)

Susan I did think about making my own frm template plastic, but worried about getting them exactly right........either that or I'm just plain lazy LOL but template plastic over here in the UK is really expensive and with the ime to trace them all out and cut them all I figured I'd just buy a packet of them :)

Return to “Quilting Notions Discussions”