Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

half square triangle marker

Having the right tool for the job is always important. Look in here for information about quilting notions that really help finish those projects.
cjbesco

half square triangle marker

Post by cjbesco » Sun Mar 06, 2011 5:20 pm

I am making twin toddler quilts with lots of half square triangles. I have seen Eleanor demonstrate several times how to sew two squares together corner to corner and then she uses a tool that is pointed and fits in the corner. The middle of the tool is on the seam line and then acts as a guide to mark the seam line on either side of the seam, sew on the lines cut down the middle and you have perfect half sq. triangles. What is the name of the tool and where can I find it, I have been looking all over including this site for one.

Marilynsgrammy

Re: half square triangle marker

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Sun Mar 06, 2011 6:28 pm

have you looked on the QIAD site..... at the top of this page there should be a "shop online" tab you can click on... see if they have what you are looking for... if not and if you don't get the answer contact customer service ( also a tab at the top of this page) they are more than helpful...

Chriss
Psalm 48:10 Isaiah 41:10

gmaann

Post by gmaann » Mon Mar 07, 2011 3:11 am

The Triangle Square Up ruler makes squaring those half square triangle pieces easier. You can do it with only two cuts instead of four. There are two sizes of those rulers here on the QIAD website - a 6 1/2" and a 9 1/2". Hope this is what you are thinking of!

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Mon Mar 07, 2011 6:09 pm

And in the ruler instructions are the method for cutting out 8 - 1/2sq triangles from on set of seams in the fabric! Really a time saver!

The Triangle Sq up ruler is a great tool - I have used it many times for many sizes of 1/2 triangles
Jana

TheKid

Post by TheKid » Wed Mar 09, 2011 3:30 pm

Fons and Porter has these rulers in Joanne Stores for sale. they are handy and nice. they come in two different lengths. Look for them, they are useful.

AmosAndy

Post by AmosAndy » Sat Jul 21, 2012 3:12 pm

I have misplaced my directions for the 6 1/2 triangle square up ruler. I would like to have the directions for making the half-squares. Thanks

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:45 am

You can usually find all the ruler directions for El's rulers over in the customer service area - they are there for free downloads

Return to “Quilting Notions Discussions”