Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

? that goes on the floor under the foot pedal? Help?

Having the right tool for the job is always important. Look in here for information about quilting notions that really help finish those projects.
TheKid

? that goes on the floor under the foot pedal? Help?

Post by TheKid » Sun Mar 06, 2011 1:02 pm

I don't know what it is called, but I want to find out where I can find the mat that can keep the foot pedal from sliding all over. We have new flooring, and it is hard to keep the pedal in one spot.
If you can name it, and tell me where to purchase it, that would be nice. I know I can get a rubber mat and put it under, but I thought this might take up less space. Thanks.

Joannequilts

Re: ? that goes on the floor under the foot pedal? Help?

Post by Joannequilts » Sun Mar 06, 2011 1:18 pm

I know you can find/purchase the little mat, but I just use a mouse pad under mine! lol!

Joanne

PS..QIAD has two..one is called Foot Pedal Holder for $24.95 (page 19 in the Notions section of the "shop online" section. The other one is called Pedal-Stay for $14.99..page 20..same section. Hope this helps!

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Sun Mar 06, 2011 6:25 pm

at the dollar store they have drawer liners.. they are kind of rubbery... cut it the size you need to go under the pedal.. it is what I use. and you get way more than you need for a buck.

the other option is to find one of those rubbery place mats on clearance at the target walmart or that kind of store..

look in the kitchen area of these stores...

good luck...
Psalm 91

ollie1shoe

Post by ollie1shoe » Sun Mar 13, 2011 3:28 pm

I cut a piece the size I need from the stuff you put under a rug to keep the rug from slipping when you walk on it but for the life of me I can't think what the stuff is called. But im sure you know what it is

scrapquilter48

Post by scrapquilter48 » Fri Jan 31, 2014 12:12 pm

Slip grip for your counters, probably work. The $l.00 store item. Works for my glass table, and underneath my sew machine from moving on kitchen table as I work, never crossed my mind to use it for foot pedal.. How about a door mat rug with rubber under neath. Just throwing in the air.

7Nana

Post by 7Nana » Sat Mar 08, 2014 5:49 am

Have used foot pedal holder, as well as shelf liner. However, recently had laminate floor installed in sewing area and neither of those "held their ground." Used heavy-duty stick-on Velcro and haven't had to chase the pedal AT ALL. I am assuming, if the time arrives that it will need to be removed, that some adhesive remover will work just fine.

AuntieV

Post by AuntieV » Thu Apr 10, 2014 5:14 am

I use a low cost rug with a rubber backing. I picked it up in the kitchen isle at one of the big discount stores. It has a country kitchen design on it but my presser foot does not care.

judyquilts

Post by judyquilts » Wed Jun 18, 2014 2:01 pm

Look in Notions in Quilt in a Day and see if they have the "The Pedal Betty" and it is either in a 6in. x 12 in. or 12in x 12 in. sizes. I know if they do not show an item you can request it. If not I know that "Keepsake Quilting" has it in their catalogue.

billizzy

Post by billizzy » Thu Jul 10, 2014 9:49 am

I too have used shelf liner but have tile floor and had to tape it down. Now I have bathroom rug under peddle the type with thick rubber backing it works great and catches all my loose threads too LOL

izzy
🐐izzy

Return to “Quilting Notions Discussions”