Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

ruler grippers

Having the right tool for the job is always important. Look in here for information about quilting notions that really help finish those projects.
toekeyotow

Re: ruler grippers

Post by toekeyotow » Thu Mar 17, 2011 2:29 am

Bought one of those gripper things and my fabric just slide around and I gave up on it. I like my rotary cutter and rulers with the invisigrip on them. Works wonderful, never slips and I'm sorry I wasted my money on the gripper.

ollie1shoe

Post by ollie1shoe » Wed Jun 22, 2011 1:52 pm

i use the sand paper dots also and they work well for me

TooMuchFabric

Post by TooMuchFabric » Sun Jun 26, 2011 2:36 am

I use the sandpaper dots as well. Really make a difference.

What about the gripper thing that goes on the top of the ruler to help hold it steady when you are cutting? My ruler sometimes slips and you know the rest of that story!

toekeyotow

Post by toekeyotow » Fri Sep 23, 2011 5:40 am

I read that they are great to put in your bathtub or shower to use a a handicap bar, you know to kind of be a extra hand to get out of a slippery shower or just to help keep your balance. Just another use but I would advise to try it first and make sure it stay stuck in place, before depending on it to support lots of weight.

Return to “Quilting Notions Discussions”