Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Quilter's Slip 'N Grips

Having the right tool for the job is always important. Look in here for information about quilting notions that really help finish those projects.
TooMuchFabric

Quilter's Slip 'N Grips

Post by TooMuchFabric » Mon May 31, 2010 11:46 am

I purchased some Quilter's Slip "N Grips (on sale) today to use on my rulers.

I was wondering whether to just put them on the corners or if additional ones were needed on the longer rulers?

Thanks

DeniAZ

Re: Quilter's Slip 'N Grips

Post by DeniAZ » Sat Jun 05, 2010 9:12 am

I don't personally use this item to prevent the ruler from slipping. I guess I would just try it and see. If you find that your ruler is slipping, add a few more dots :) One website suggested putting them on the edges and corners...

Let us know how you like it!

shelly322002

Post by shelly322002 » Sat Jun 05, 2010 11:22 am

i would suggest several all along the cutting edge's, maybe every few inches. i have them on mine, and i'm forever saying to myself that 'i should add more', as i don't think i have enough on there just now. but i never seem to get around to it!!
maybe i should actually start to listen to myself!! lol
happy 'dot' sticking!!
love jacquie.x.

Ittybittygma

Post by Ittybittygma » Wed Jun 23, 2010 1:08 am

If this is the sandpaper dots, they are wonderful. Chriss/ Marilynsgrammy sent me some to try. What a difference they make especially when you are trying to cut small pieces and the fabric just won't hold still.

I just did the corners and then a couple on the sides a few inches up from the bottom to do my small pieces. I didn't want too many to cover my view of the lines on the ruler. If I am doing a longer strip, I may add a few but will try it with just what I have now. Just the corners seems to be a big help. My rulers were always slipping until Chriss saved the day. Thank you Chriss.

Happy quilting and God bless. Hugs, Shirley Mae

Texas

Post by Texas » Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:42 pm

Can you make the sandpaper dots or where can I buy them? My rulers always slip. Thanks in advance for answers.
Texas

cindyg

Post by cindyg » Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:09 am

I use Invisi-Grip on my rulers. It's a film and you just cut it to size as needed.

scrapquilter48

Post by scrapquilter48 » Fri Jan 31, 2014 11:54 am

I received some in gift basket prize, thought was a punishment to the little rookie, felt dumped on, until used them for 1st time, love them.

Sure you could make your own using hardware shop sandpaper, take a puncher from card making Heart shape whatever, and peel off back sandpaper come to think of it a new business invention. Who says you have to refrain from just dots. Why not stars or 4 leaf clovers,

scrapquilter48

Post by scrapquilter48 » Tue Feb 25, 2014 2:07 pm

Some sheets of sandpaper have a peel sticky side, 1st punch out, and peel, then stick to ruler.. Should work! Might be other type of wallpaper sticky back you can use for quilting.

Bring your ruler to hardware and explain, surely there are other things available.

FlorenceM

Post by FlorenceM » Wed Feb 26, 2014 7:11 am

On my longer rulers I put some in the middle too.

Return to “Quilting Notions Discussions”