Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Buying an Iron?

Having the right tool for the job is always important. Look in here for information about quilting notions that really help finish those projects.
Joannequilts

Re: Buying an Iron?

Post by Joannequilts » Sat Aug 22, 2009 5:37 am

I'm like CaroleJ, I don't even use the steam. Just spray with water. And I LOVE the cordless iron..my Maytag is discontined and I love it, but I will definately buy a cordless next time. It's perfect for me in the sewing room!

Joanne:0)

TeresaK

Post by TeresaK » Sat Aug 22, 2009 2:41 pm

I love my Sunbeam that I bought at Costco so much my husband went back and got me a second one. I don't think i will need it for a long time. No problem and it slides like it is on ice. I can't live without steam. California City water tasted so aweful I quit drinking it and got really sick so now we have a filter and I use that water in the iron.

Happy Shopping
Teresa

grannyQuilts1

Post by grannyQuilts1 » Sun Aug 23, 2009 1:32 pm

i love my Rowenta, the instructions say do NOT use distilled water it will make it spit, i have never used distilled water in any iron i have ever owned. i have never had an iron that spit water, the only problem i had was trying to use cheap irons and they do not get hot enough nor were they heavy enough. if you buy an iron make sure you look at the watts and get the most you can get, some irons do not have as much watts as a hair dryer, i will deff get another Rowenta if this one wears out, i iron my sheets, tee shirts and just about everything but my undies so mine get a lot of use.
Barbara

kylie1

Post by kylie1 » Mon Aug 31, 2009 9:01 am

I like the Rowenta Steam Station. I feel after you have used this one you will never want another because of the heat and the amount of steam.

CaroleJ

Post by CaroleJ » Thu Sep 03, 2009 1:42 am

No financial interest here, but the Home Trends catalog is now carrying a dry iron. Don't know what brand, but it might be worth checking out.

Tiggersmom

Post by Tiggersmom » Mon Sep 07, 2009 12:02 pm

i've have several Rowenta's: the first one had lasted the longest......

with that said i read an article on irons that had been tested by quilters and wally world carries their best choice and it is under $30. Sorry I can't remember the name of the magazine, but you might do a search and find the article.

judyquilts

Post by judyquilts » Mon Sep 07, 2009 3:22 pm

What was the iron of choice that was mentioned in the article you read? Is that Wal Mart that has it? Hugs, Judy

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Fri Feb 11, 2011 6:38 am

bttt

judyquilts

Post by judyquilts » Sat Mar 05, 2011 6:34 pm

What was the iron that rates the most votes? I have gone through so many and am thinking that they all act up sooner or later. Mine just started dripping water but has always given good steam, a Shark iron I got at Target. What is the latest opinion?

Return to “Quilting Notions Discussions”