Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

X-Large Ironing Board

Having the right tool for the job is always important. Look in here for information about quilting notions that really help finish those projects.
scrapquilter48

Re: X-Large Ironing Board

Post by scrapquilter48 » Sun Feb 02, 2014 3:58 am

My father made my ironing board, just thick piece plywood, wrapped with your iron fabric, old bed sheet underneath, all tucked in at corners with basting stitch then a 1/4 inch elastic. It looks like a surf board. No feet or anything. It leans against my sink, 2 chairs, and slides behind counter easily... Great for camping serves as a bench or picnic counter.

Maybe if you have handy andy in your home, and if you want legs then screw holes, and add from hardware dept.

Better yet, hardware staff could cut one for you just trace on free press your pattern.. Does it help... Old wood hanging around the house? Even if you pay him something.. My ways are maybe old fashion, but I make do..

scrapquilter48

Post by scrapquilter48 » Sun Feb 02, 2014 4:17 am

Ladies, I was just viewing Annie's Patterns Central, and came across a pattern to make an ironing board from your TV Tray table, Need 1fat quarter, heat resist batting, measures 21X16.5 @ $3.49, guess + shipping, taxes, Cdn exchange. Look like neat idea, and maybe a handy talented could sell them..

AuntieV

Post by AuntieV » Thu Apr 10, 2014 4:11 pm

What is in the plans when I convert a spare bedroom to new quilting room is a One leg swing out leg table that will attach to the wall. Reminds me of the old built in ironing boards from the 30's. I saw the design on a DIY show for a small kitchen table but it will work for me as cutting table and over sized Ironing board.I think they called the leg a gate leg. The beauty is that I can pick the size I want.

Return to “Quilting Notions Discussions”