Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

X-Large Ironing Board

Having the right tool for the job is always important. Look in here for information about quilting notions that really help finish those projects.
SueSwan

Re: X-Large Ironing Board

Post by SueSwan » Tue Jul 28, 2009 4:04 am

I went by my LQS shop yesterday. They have 2 of the boards I am looking for. They are the regular length, but are 18" wide ..... that is about 3" wider than normal. Barb, the owner, bought them both at Costco. I went there, and they are out of them right now, but told me they get them in all the time. SO, I am getting closer..... I will give them a call periodically to see if they have the boards.
Thanks for all the help, everyone.

sewbug

Post by sewbug » Fri Jul 31, 2009 6:00 am

You can go online and find the boards at any Walmart, Cosco, Sam's Club and have it sent to the store close to you, it's free to have store to store. Be sure and buy an extra cover for it if you find one. Those are seldom kept in stock when the boards aren't in stock.

SueSwan

Post by SueSwan » Sat Aug 01, 2009 5:18 am

I have not found the board online .... just tried all those places you suggested ... I will wait patiently until it shows up at my local Costco ..... thanks for the help .....

sewbug

Post by sewbug » Sat Aug 01, 2009 3:57 pm

the Whitney Design Full Size Ironing Center, Satin Silver and extra large ironing center came up in the search at walmart.com. It does say out of stock though. Cost $89.

sewbug

Post by sewbug » Wed Aug 05, 2009 7:45 am

I saw the oversized ironing boards at my local Walmart last night.

SueSwan

Post by SueSwan » Wed Aug 12, 2009 9:39 am

Just got back from vacation ..... one of the stops was Fabric Depot in Portland, OR ...... they had one of those Big Boards for sale for a very reasonable price ..... however I knew DH would not want it sticking out of the sun/moon roof the entire drive home .... LOL .... if I had been alone I may have tried it .....

grannyQuilts1

Post by grannyQuilts1 » Thu Aug 13, 2009 4:02 pm

sandy that is how i have my big ironing space fixed except i use old doors painted white instead of a plain board. i have mine set up with two big olfa cutting mats. when i need to press something big i just take them off and put the padding on. i grew up on a farm and we use to use old sheets to pad our ironing board. could just toss them in the washer when they got dirty
Barbara

SueSwan

Post by SueSwan » Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:09 pm

Well, I FINALLY made my oversized ironing board. I have been looking and looking for one to purchase, but no luck.

I went to the Home Depot and bought a piece of plywood 4' X 8' for $12.00. Had them cut it in half lengthwise. Then I cut it to 67" and put all the layers of fabric on it described by Martha Stewart.. NOT the English bump of course ...... I did find it in Calico Corners, for $20 per yard,I passed ... instead I used heavy flannel, insulbrite, felt and heavy duty muslin. So far so good.

Thanks for all the help. It has only taken me 6 weeks to get it done ...

johnwilliam0122

Post by johnwilliam0122 » Tue Dec 10, 2013 11:48 pm

I bought my ironing table from bathla online store. You can try there.

meka

Post by meka » Tue Jan 21, 2014 2:43 am

Believe I saw it in Annie's catalog.

Return to “Quilting Notions Discussions”