Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

"Supreme slider" or "Sewslip"

Having the right tool for the job is always important. Look in here for information about quilting notions that really help finish those projects.
Oasis

Re: "Supreme slider" or "Sewslip"

Post by Oasis » Mon Jun 09, 2008 1:47 pm

Have Fun,
Linda S / OASIS

Oasis

Post by Oasis » Mon Jun 09, 2008 1:49 pm

Hi Maria,

I think the only difference is the size. I use the smaller one (Supreme Slider) on my portable machine and the larger (Sewslip) on my machine that is in a cabinet and has a larger flat area. They both are slippery as sn....................let's say nose mucous. LOL

Boy they sure are nice to use!!!!
Have Fun,
Linda S / OASIS

HomespunMary

Post by HomespunMary » Tue Jun 10, 2008 12:39 pm

Thanks, Oasis, LOL! Sounds like you're very happy with them!

Mar-gar-et

Post by Mar-gar-et » Sat Aug 09, 2008 3:04 pm

If you are interested in something the size of your extension table you might consider a nonstick oven liner or a nonstick microwave oven liner. Both should be available at the hardware store. The Teflon oven liners are about 30" X 16". The microwave oven mat that I have is 16" X 16". Both can be cut to size. Painters tape or freezer tape can be used to tape them down to the extension table. I used an eyelet punch for the needle hole. In my case, I had an extra microwave oven mat that I used in conjunction with an old "Sew Steady" portable sewing table. The one I have is sticky enough that I have not needed to use tape to hold it down. I looked at an oven liner today that was slippery on both sides...if you get one of these you will definitely need to get painters or freezer tape.

gmaann

Post by gmaann » Sat Aug 09, 2008 4:03 pm

Mar-gar-et, what a great idea!! I love my Supreme Slider, but it would be nice sometimes to have a bigger one. I'll love for that oven liner.

HomespunMary

Post by HomespunMary » Sun Aug 10, 2008 11:47 am

Margareth, thanks, what a great tip!

sewbug

Post by sewbug » Mon Aug 11, 2008 4:53 am

Lesson learned: If you remove it from your machine be sure and not lay it where loose threads, pet hair, dust, etc. can get on the sticky side. I think like the Silpat mat, it can be washed with warm water but I haven't tried that yet.

quiltqueenie

Post by quiltqueenie » Sun Nov 20, 2016 7:00 am

i bought the Supreme slider and then bought two of the large sew slip -- they are fantastic and the sew slip is a third of the price! bought from an online store in Canada www.stitchintheditch.com they have a great sale on these and of course no tax to pay when we live in USA.
Going to buy the new Weightless Quilter frame - this store will have them soon and I just mailed them to see about pre orders. With this frame the drag and weight is gone it is not bulky or heavy packs away easily and we all need it

Wackypup

Post by Wackypup » Sat Jan 14, 2017 5:50 pm

Hi just found this site, and I am so excited to hear about the teflon sheets. I pretty much just sew on my own. I live in the middle of nowhere and don't get to fabric stores, so a lot of this is new to me. I did find on Amazon that you can get teflon oven sheets that are 16 by 23. You get three of them for $12 do you think they would work? Here is a link so you know exactly what I'm talking about. http://amzn.to/2jKMOgR If you think they would work I'm going to buy some! Thank you so much this is a great site and I have learned so much already.

Wackypup

Post by Wackypup » Mon Feb 06, 2017 4:54 am

Okay, I've been traveling and not sewing. I didn't order those oven liners, I was hoping someone would let me know if they used them. I was looking at them again today and it seems like that particular one is not a good idea, it looks like a knockoff. I found a better set of five 13x15 with almost 300 reviews, FDA approved. What do you think of these? http://amzn.to/2jUtMEs I really would appreciate it if somebody who has tried oven liners would post. I can't afford to spend money on things that won't work LOL. Looking forward to getting some quilting done before I start visiting relatives this summer. Thanks and help for comments!

Return to “Quilting Notions Discussions”